Newbie question

Status
Not open for further replies.

waseife

Sorry to gum up the threads here but I just bought a Grundig GS350DL and snapped the whip off of it. Any suggestions on replacements??

Thanks a lot!

waseife

tried that already, they do not have the option to purchase the antenna. I was wondering more along the lines of a alternate replacement (other vendors)

Hooligan

tried that already, they do not have the option to purchase the antenna. I was wondering more along the lines of a alternate replacement (other vendors)

It should be pretty straightforward/easy to do. I know I've gotten all sorts of radio/electronics surplus catalogs in the past that have offered replacement extendable whip antennas, usually the type that have the single Phillips-head screw that hold the antenna to the mount on the radio. Is that the type of mount that your radio has??

I'll try to dig up some of these catalogs, but I've just recently moved & all that sort of stuff is packed away. Try doing a Google search...

Well OK, I just did it for you, and it seems like there are some good hits:

http://www.google.com/search?q=repl...avclient-ff&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1B3GGGL_enUS282US283

Looks liek Radio Shack carries some, so especially if your radio uses that standard method of attaching the antenna to the radio, you're in-luck.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.