Newtown Fire and EMS

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Hi all,
Curious if anyone else is hearing what I think is Newtown fire / ems on a new frequency in the 150s range?

I have an old database on one of my scanners that has the frequency in question labeled as north Stonington in new London county. I know that label is clearly wrong so I was surprised to see it pop up the other day.

Thanks in advance!

ecps92

Hi all,
Curious if anyone else is hearing what I think is Newtown fire / ems on a new frequency in the 150s range?

I have an old database on one of my scanners that has the frequency in question labeled as north Stonington in new London county. I know that label is clearly wrong so I was surprised to see it pop up the other day.

Thanks in advance!
What Freq and Tone ?

Firebuff66

Feed Provider
Newtown FD/EMS/DPW went digital a while ago and ems went to their own channel and are not on the FD channel anymore (Much to the FDs delight)
The data base is correct for all the changes

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
I haven't heard it since my original post. I will update if/ when I do.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Got it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240907_180635_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240907_180635_Gallery.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 7

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
Newtown FD/EMS/DPW went digital a while ago and ems went to their own channel and are not on the FD channel anymore (Much to the FDs delight)
The data base is correct for all the changes
Sounds like I will have to update the database. I haven't touched this one since I got my new computer (haven't tried installing freescan on my windows 10 PC so this should be interesting.

Rainy day project!

darkness975

Latrodectus
Premium Subscriber
154.1300 is not New London, it has never been New London. It is the Fireground for Stonington Village. You can barely hear it 1/4 of a mile from an incident when they are on it.
Yes I acknowledged that in my original post. I'll have to update the outdated database one of these rainy days.

Thanks everyone for the replies!