SDS100/SDS200: SDS100, Provoice, DMR, Menu, Questions.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
An echo could be caused by a microphone picking up the audio. Check that you don't have a microphone somewhere.

The SDS100 doesn't support a Wi-Fi connection. Just the BCD536HP Wi-Fi and SDS200 LAN.

Yes, I would use a ground loop isolator. It may solve the 60 cycle hum problem and it will eliminate the popping sound at the beginning of the transmission. Ground Loop Isolator
Ok nevermind i figured it out i had the listen to this device checked in the windows mixer i unchecked it and that solved it

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Ok nevermind i figured it out i had the listen to this device checked in the windows mixer i unchecked it and that solved it
I'm just curious instead of using that ground loop isolator u sent could i use some ferrite beads instead
?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
can universal scanner audio player be used to import clips from proscan ? when i try it says support files not found

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
can universal scanner audio player be used to import clips from proscan ? when i try it says support files not found
Yes, I worked with the programmer on this. Recordings may be in the VirtualStore

I always recommend to install ProScan in the root folder that way the folder name and file name will be under the Windows limitation of 260 characters and won't have a problem with the VirtualStore.

Per the FAQ
Q: I can't find the config file or the logging files.
A: If ProScan is installed in the "\Program Files" or "\Program Files (x86)" folder AND running 64 bit OS AND not running ProScan in admin mode then Windows puts all program generated files in the VirtualStore folder located at C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ProScan

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I worked with the programmer on this. Recordings may be in the VirtualStore

I always recommend to install ProScan in the root folder that way the folder name and file name will be under the Windows limitation of 260 characters and won't have a problem with the VirtualStore.

Per the FAQ
Q: I can't find the config file or the logging files.
A: If ProScan is installed in the "\Program Files" or "\Program Files (x86)" folder AND running 64 bit OS AND not running ProScan in admin mode then Windows puts all program generated files in the VirtualStore folder located at C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ProScan
Ok i went to virtualstore folder but here isn't anything in it my recordings are stored here . i tried using universal scanner audio player to load the folders into it but i get that error. and proscan is installed here

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    85.1 KB · Views: 5
  • pic3.png
    pic3.png
    128.8 KB · Views: 5

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
I see some are stored here not sure why but they are . i can't load those either into the player

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    98.4 KB · Views: 7

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
can anyone tell me what these freqs are, they are fatter than the p25 ones and when i park dsdplus on one of them it's just high static and nothing more. and they are only in the 850mhz band. Thanks

Attachments

• pic3.png
    pic3.png
    80.6 KB · Views: 3

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
It would greatly help people to attempt to answer the question if you provided the centre frequency of those signals. Hard to just guesstimate.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
It would greatly help people to attempt to answer the question if you provided the centre frequency of those signals. Hard to just guesstimate.
Here is a recording of what it does and the freqs LINK it's only in the 850mhz and i have always wondered what this could be. u might have to maximize it to see everything.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Another issue i seem to have. when my sds100 will stop on a emrgency channel like the ambulance it will start a series of beeps then the person will come on and start talking but it always cuts them off short and i don't get the full transmission this happens alot . any idea what it could be? i have the delay time set to 5 seconds and thats all no hold times or anything . it ruins the experience because everytime u hear something u have to wonder if it's gonna cut off . Thanks again everyone.

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
Here is a recording of what it does and the freqs LINK it's only in the 850mhz and i have always wondered what this could be. u might have to maximize it to see everything.
It’s very hard to tell. Can you please give some centre frequency numbers instead of a video?

RMason

Premium Subscriber
Another issue i seem to have. when my sds100 will stop on a emrgency channel like the ambulance it will start a series of beeps then the person will come on and start talking but it always cuts them off short and i don't get the full transmission this happens alot . any idea what it could be? i have the delay time set to 5 seconds and thats all no hold times or anything . it ruins the experience because everytime u hear something u have to wonder if it's gonna cut off . Thanks again everyone.
  • Are you connected to ProScan?
    • Proscan has an optional setting to resume scanning after a period of time
  • Do you have any of the priority settings enabled? (Close Call, Weather Priority, Priority Scan, etc)
    • Each of these will cause transmissions to be interrupted
  • Have you adjusted any of the delay settings?
    • A negative delay causes the scanner to resume scanning after that number of seconds

Does this happen on all transmissions - or is it limited to a subset of channels/systems/frequencies?
How long does it stay on the transmission before it cuts short?
Does it interrupt the transmission and return to the transmission - or does it immediately resume scanning?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
  • Are you connected to ProScan?
    • Proscan has an optional setting to resume scanning after a period of time
@AngWay
In ProScan, Ensure the Resume Scan/Search is off. It's located in the upper right corner of the Program. If you see 'SC' then click it to show the options.

Resume Scan_Search.png

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see some are stored here not sure why but they are . i can't load those either into the player
The Universal Scanner Audio Player loads WAV files only and not MP3 files. So if you want to use the ProScan recording, record in the WAV format.
I don't want to take away from your other questions or issues so no need to respond here. Perhaps any ProScan specific questions or issues, post here. ProScan official software thread