SDS100/SDS200: SDS100, Provoice, DMR, Menu, Questions.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
I already did that thats what the result was. i uninstalled vb cable and reinstalled it now it's showing This
Again, it looks like you are setting the output device to the input of the virtual vb cable. The input device is the output of the virtual vb cable. You are feeding the proscan audio output to the proscan audio input - creating a feedback loop. It is creating "noise", but it is not anything useful.

Until you get the windows input device to be the line-in/mic-in from the audio cable connected from the sds100 - not the virtual cable - you will not make progress.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Please learn how to multi-quote.

Are you using vb cable for anything important? If not, uninstall it.

no i don't need it i uninstalled it

i uninstalled vb cable and reinstalled it now it's showing This

Why did you reinstall it? If you don't need it, get rid of it. Its not helping you achieve anything any time soon...

1729908298459.png

1729908373451.png

Playback should be set to your speakers. Recording should be set to line in, or as a last resort, mic. Until you can get those to show properly, you not going to make any headway.

RMason

Premium Subscriber
The microphone (scanner) still shows as not plugged in. What cable are you using to connect the sds100 to the pc? You may want to attach a photo of the connectors.

1729909299774.png

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Please learn how to multi-quote.

Why did you reinstall it?
If you don't need it, get rid of it. Its not helping you achieve anything any time soon...

View attachment 171586

View attachment 171587

Playback should be set to your speakers. Recording should be set to line in, or as a last resort, mic. Until you can get those to show properly, you not going to make any headway.
I may do a fresh reinstall of windows 11 and try that the current version i'm using is windows 11 with Atlas OS maybe that has my settings messed up. i'll do this tomorrow and see if that fixes anything. Thanks for the help tho.

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
What cable are you using to connect the sds100 to the pc? You may want to attach a photo of the connectors.

I'm using this Cable to connect it . and i'm using the factory usb cable .

How exactly are you connecting the cable? The PC has a female connector and the scanner has a female connector. The cable you linked is an extension cable, that has one male, and one female. Did you link the wrong one?

I may do a fresh reinstall of windows 11

Why not just uninstall vb cable, without re installing it, like you did? Then all that crap is gone. Seems much easier to try that first before doing an OS install.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
How exactly are you connecting the cable? The PC has a female connector and the scanner has a female connector. The cable you linked is an extension cable, that has one male, and one female. Did you link the wrong one?

Why not just uninstall vb cable, without re installing it, like you did? Then all that crap is gone. Seems much easier to try that first before doing an OS install.
I got it working after i reinstalled windows i had all those options available in the input section . but it's working now but it has this static to it Link that is what it's doing is there a way to fix that issue?

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

Basically i have this Hum in the background

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Looks like the levels are VERY hot. Adjust both software / scanner audio level until happy.
ok i will try that.. i connected my server side and it's showing up in the client side but the client won't connect. if i understand this correctly i should be able to connect to my scanner through the client and hear the audio that way shouldn't i without a aux cable? is that right?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I tried adjusting stuff it still didn't work. Link

Before, adjusting the levels, set the ProScan control/s on the record side to 100% and tune the scanner to a constant modulated carrier such as WX or a trunking control channel.

If using the microphone input then set the Windows mixer microphone input to about 20 to 30 %
Adjust the scanner volume to the point where you hear clipping then back off a bit until the clipping goes away. The scanner volume knob should be about the 11 o'clock position.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
Before, adjusting the levels, set the ProScan control/s on the record side to 100% and tune the scanner to a constant modulated carrier such as WX or a trunking control channel.

If using the microphone input then set the Windows mixer microphone input to about 20 to 30 %
Adjust the scanner volume to the point where you hear clipping then back off a bit until the clipping goes away. The scanner volume knob should be about the 11 o'clock position.
that done it thanks it still has a small amount of static here and there i tried setting things as low as i can. i'v cut out that static but now i got this echo after the traffic it repeats Link

And i seen in another post u talked about using wifi audio because it's better how do u do that? i have been trying to set the server and it works but when i try to connect to it on the client side it won't connect.

AngWay

Premium Subscriber

and i read An analog wired connection requires a ground loop isolator to work properly, and not having one can damage the scanner headphone/speaker output, is that true i don't want to damage my sds100

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
but now i got this echo after the traffic it repeats Link
An echo could be caused by a microphone picking up the audio. Check that you don't have a microphone somewhere.

And i seen in another post u talked about using wifi audio because it's better how do u do that?
The SDS100 doesn't support a Wi-Fi connection. Just the BCD536HP Wi-Fi and SDS200 LAN.

and i read An analog wired connection requires a ground loop isolator to work properly, and not having one can damage the scanner headphone/speaker output, is that true i don't want to damage my sds100
Yes, I would use a ground loop isolator. It may solve the 60 cycle hum problem and it will eliminate the popping sound at the beginning of the transmission. Ground Loop Isolator

AngWay

Premium Subscriber
An echo could be caused by a microphone picking up the audio. Check that you don't have a microphone somewhere.

The SDS100 doesn't support a Wi-Fi connection. Just the BCD536HP Wi-Fi and SDS200 LAN.

Yes, I would use a ground loop isolator. It may solve the 60 cycle hum problem and it will eliminate the popping sound at the beginning of the transmission. Ground Loop Isolator
Ok i don't have any microphones hooked up at all the only thing hooked to my computer is the scanner and that is it