Nextel

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

N_Jay

Guest
Re: REPLY

Archie said:
Thank you for providing the device photo.

How expensive are these things anyway?
Would you sell to licensed private investigators?
Just asking the above out of curiousity only.

Thanks and happy weekend.

T

If you are talking about the service monitor, I provided a price.

If you are talking about the cellular monitoring system (linked, but no picture on this site) I provided the quote about "available to Law Enforcement and Government Agencies only"

Private Investigators are neither Law Enforcement nor Government.
 

AZScanner

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
3,342
Reaction score
14
Location
Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Re: REPLY

N_Jay said:
If you are talking about the cellular monitoring system (linked, but no picture on this site) I provided the quote about "available to Law Enforcement and Government Agencies only"

I doubt that. Look at those prices. If they find some shmuck willing to pay that kind of money for that thing, they aren't going to think twice about cashing that guys' 400 THOUSAND dollar check. Would you? Hell, I bet if I had the money I could get one just by asking and they'd even help me doctor up the paperwork to make it look totally legit.

As the previous poster stated: Money can buy anything - legal or not.
-AZ
 

SCPD

QRT
Joined
Feb 24, 2001
Messages
0
Reaction score
116
Location
Virginia
The "will sell to Law enforcement only" is just a BS clause, you & I know they will sell to anyone & that statement is just a preventive lawsuit effort, :wink:
Also most businesses only require a "official" looking letter head from a dept which anyone can easily reproduce
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
Com-4 said:
The "will sell to Law enforcement only" is just a BS clause, you & I know they will sell to anyone & that statement is just a preventive lawsuit effort, :wink:
Also most businesses only require a "official" looking letter head from a dept which anyone can easily reproduce

Let's face it, at half a Mil, they are targeting the 3-letter government agencies. Even large city PDs don't have a budget that would allow that big a drop for a device like this.

Joe M.
 

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Joined
Dec 16, 2000
Messages
7,555
Reaction score
95
Location
Your master site
AZScanner said:
Check the website I gave the link to - the equipment indeed exists...

I'll leave you to ponder that.
I should have been more specific. I work with CDMA networks, so I haven't seen anything for CDMA. None of the various types of service monitors we have will decode. If someone has more info on aftermarket CDMA receivers then I sure would like to hear about it.

Sucks to be GSM! :twisted:

-Wayne
 
N

N_Jay

Guest
wayne_h said:
AZScanner said:
Check the website I gave the link to - the equipment indeed exists...

I'll leave you to ponder that.
I should have been more specific. I work with CDMA networks, so I haven't seen anything for CDMA. None of the various types of service monitors we have will decode. If someone has more info on aftermarket CDMA receivers then I sure would like to hear about it.

Sucks to be GSM! :twisted:

-Wayne

Law enforcement doesn't neet these. They just go to the switch.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top