Njdot 47.14

Status
Not open for further replies.

mondaro

Feed Provider
I am noticing maybe some type of bus company on 47.14. I can hear the base but not the Mobile radios.
I am trying to find the PL tone now. Just FYI.

Tony

fineshot1

I am noticing maybe some type of bus company on 47.14. I can hear the base but not the Mobile radios.
I am trying to find the PL tone now. Just FYI.

Tony

I found a bunch of locations(via fcc web site) in NJ listed for that and the other freqs listed below.
The closest location to you listed is NJ DOT WHIPPANY, NJ

mrkelso

47.360 belonged to The Department of Transportation Newark and northern area mobile units years ago. I don't know if they still use the freq today as i have not monitored it for many years. The base was in Newark and all the road crew trucks and Supervisor pick up trucks and cars used this freq.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I heard a lot of activity on these some of these channels in south Jersey during the blizzard last month. It was all NJDOT traffic, snowplows, etc.

mondaro

Feed Provider
We monitored the frequency all day I came up with PL tone of 141.3 on 47.14 It sounds like some sort of transportation service very short and brief transmissions heard from southern bergen county.

jvdet

interesting heard 47.260 between DOT trucks RT 17 Paramus today
? what do they use crew to crew on a scene in a work area ? 800 is used more between supervisors and yard offices enroute trucks but was is the work site freq?

mondaro

Feed Provider
Hearing NJDOT trucks treating the lower half of rt 17 on 46.26 this morning. Also spoke to someone who works for the turnpike yesterday still many issues with there new 220 LTR system. I also was told but can't confirm this is a leased radio system according to the employee I spoke to yesterday.

Anyone have a list of the NJDOT frequencies or any other good frequencies to monitor for traffic conditions on NJ interstates?

GM

Premium Subscriber
I frequently hear DOT Ch 1 active (47.26 CSQ) during a snowstorm and while performing various duties on the road in the North Central NJ area. I have not heard any activity on the other channels though in this particular area. Also, in reference to the NJTP's LTR system, the GSP has the main TG patched (from the LTR TRS) to the 800 MHz channels. This is not true though for the NJ TP's VHF channels though.

Status
Not open for further replies.