NM LifeGuard Helicopter Frequency 461.9000 not sounding in use or active anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorwinScansNM

Does anybody know if the NM LifeGuard Helicopter operations have changed their frequency or gone to trunked or encrypted communications?

I use to be able to monitor the NM LifeGuard Helicopter some few months ago on frequency 461.9000 Mhz & since then I've not been hearing one single LifeGuard Helicopter call on my Uniden Digital Public Safety Scanner like I was for months to years ago. I do in fact still luckily pickup NM PHI Air Medical Helicopter calls & operations on my digital scanner under frequency 464.7750 Mhz. Just not the NM LifeGuard Helicopter on their known frequency of 461.9000 Mhz anymore.

If anybody here in New Mexico knows the reason for this or possibly any new scanner frequencies for the NM LifeGuard Helicopter operations that I don't know about or aren't aware of, then please post them here in this thread or submit them to Radio Reference via this easy New Mexico Radio Reference link posted below. New, updated frequencies & information like that is always appreciated from RR Members & is vital to Radio Reference for scanner users & enthusiasts like me who are & like to be publicly aware of what is going on when running a Public Safety Scanner.

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2613

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Back in 2013 ~ 2014 I had the "Lifeguard" freqs programmed in my scanner. I deleted them after a few months of hearing absolutely nothing. I can't remember if I dropped the PL tones before deletion or not.

Given the number of users in and around the ABQ metro, I'm a little surprised that no new info has been submitted.

CorwinScansNM

This is not a system I monitor, but have you tried deleting your PL tone to open up the frequency?

Hello, & thanks for that question. I currently have my scanner programmed with the 461.9000 Mhz frequency set to (All) which is also known as SEARCH on my Uniden BCD536HP. Therefore, I have dropped the PL Tone off from that scanner frequency just to see if I could then hear or pick NM LifeGuard Helicopter operations/calls up on that specific frequency of theirs.

madrabbitt

Feed Provider
I swear i responded to this, but I guess i didnt.

Lifeguard is primarily a fixed wing operation now, and what flights the helo does, are primarily IFT between the new westside/rio rancho UNM facility and the main UNMH.

Actual air ambulance helicopter calls are going to be PHI (Central NM and Southeastern) Native Air (Southern NM, West TX and some parts of the TX/NM north/south border) and TriState, which operates in Santa Fe, Northeast NM, (Colorado also) and has a base in Aresia, but rarely does medical calls there, as PHI and Native have the oil lands pretty well covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.