NNJ and NY Interops (Feed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Hi Folks,
I am in the process of testing a new audio feed here at RR titled NNJ and NY Interops
This feed covers the VHF NJ SPEN frequencies of (Statewide Police Emergency Network) and the (Urban Area Security Initiative interoperability Working Group or UASI which include U and I-TAC interoperability frequencies) In the North-East Region of New Jersey they cover the seven (7) counties of Bergen, Essex, Hudson, Middlesex, Morris, Passaic and Union counties and the Cities of Newark and Jersey City. In New York, New York City includes the five (5) Boroughs of Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Manhattan, Richmond (Staten Island).

These frequencies are normally quiet except for routine nets and radio checks. Activity will pick up when special events, sporting events, parades, funerals and other auxiliary operations are taking place.

However these frequencies do become quite active in the event of a large scale or wide area incident requiring multiple public safety agency responses (Police, Fire, EMS, OEM, FEMA, and USCCG etc).

At this time I am only covering the analog transmissions on these frequencies. Digital P25, Trunked Talk Groups and the VTAC frequencies in this category are NOT Covered! I relize the NJSP 800 MHz trunked system has various talk groups assigned to this function, However, at this time I am only looking for help of adding additional frequencies (analog) that are used for interops especialy between NYC and NNJ. Can you help? Either PM me directly or post in this forum.

Thanks

Last edited:

robbinsj2

If you're looking for comments on your scan list, it would be helpful if you posted your scan list explicitly. Your summary is good but vague -- perhaps you're missing one of the lesser-known NJ UTAC channels, or have a bad PL for something. The more info you provide, the more helpful responses will be.

Without knowing more about your lineup, I can only suggest you add:
- NJ EMRAD statewide & north
- standard federal interop channels
- standard VHF national interop channels

I doubt VCALL & VTACs would be used much but adding them in (with the standard PLs) would have minimal impact on scanning performance.

Jim

SCPD

QRT
I get your point, You know that information is already listed in the Feed Details Page. One can just click on that page and they will find out what I am actualy scanning... but here you go anayway
NJ SPEN

154.68000 PL 131.8 SPEN 1 (Primary Agency to Agency)
155.47500 CSQ SPEN 2 (Nationwide / Outside of NJ Agencies)
154.72500 PL 131.8 SPEN 3 (Alternate to Primary)
153.78500 PL 131.8 SPEN 4 (Statewide Mobile Public Safety Coordination )

U-TAC NJ UTAC

453.21250 156.7 PL UCALL North-East Region UASI
453.46250 156.7 PL UTAC 1 North-East Region UASI
453.71250 156.7 PL UTAC 2 North-East Region UASI
453.86250 156.7 PL UTAC 3 North-East Region UASI
470.23750 186.2 PL NJUTAC 4 North-East Region UASI
470.08750 173.8 PL NJUTAC 5 North-East Region UASI
472.87500 192.8 PL NJUTAC 6 North-East Region UASI
454.15000 136.5 PL NJUTAC 7 North
453.62500 141.3 PL NJUTAC 8 North

I-TAC NJ ITAC (Rebanded 800 MHz)

851.01250 156.7 PL ICALL-800 calling
851.51250 156.7 PL ITAC-1
852.01250 156.7 PL ITAC-2
852.51250 156.7 PL ITAC-3
853.01250 156.7 PL ITAC-4
851.77500 156.7 PL NJITAC-5

K2YYN

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I get your point, You know that information is already listed in the Feed Details Page. One can just click on that page and they will find out what I am actualy scanning.

Well then post a direct link to your feed details page, rather than expecting people to click through your Feed Provider icon to find it, which some may not realize how to do anyway. :wink:

NNJ and NYC Interops Live Scanner Audio Feed

robbinsj2

You know that information is already listed in the Feed Details Page. One can just click on that page and they will find out what I am actualy scanning...
I didn't think to look there since most feed providers don't do a channel-by-channel list on the feed notes. Instead we just list departments/agencies or regions and disciplines.

Isn't NJUTAC-8 454.625 instead of 453.625? See WPVE896.

Last edited:
ITAC and UTAC

I dont want to sound out of the loop but whats ITAC and UTAC and what are they used for??? PS ,I already monitor SPEN 1 - 4......
Thank you for your response in advance.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
ITAC and UTAC are new Urban Area Security Initiative interoperability frequencies. They allow NJ and NY agencies to communicate with each other on the same frequencies during major events. In the past I have heard them active during the NJ Flood, July 4th Fireworks and the Red Bull Air Show.

robbinsj2

Just to clarify a bit further:

After 9/11/01 there was a real push to improve interoperability. One result of that is a set of standardized nationwide interop radio channels. There are a bunch of them which can be found elsewhere on this site but the main ones are:
VCALL & VTAC1-4 (VHF-Hi)
UCALL & UTAC1-3 (UHF)
ICALL & ITAC1-4 (800)
(The name standardization process was slow, the channels are well known in the scanner community by these names though the officially-endorsed names for public safety users may be slightly different.)

In addition to these channels certain regions have established their own specific operations/ interoperations channels. For NJ, you can find these in the database under NJ/Common-Shared. These are:
NJUTAC4-8 (UASI)
NJUTAC20-27 (Delaware Valley / south Jersey area)
NJITAC-5 (UASI)
NJITAC-6 (Statewide)

The UASI is a federal program to enhance regional security in defined regions; in NJ this is the NY metro area consisting of the counties listed in an earlier post. This mostly means there is extra funding and/or elevated priority for programs in that area. You can probably guess the participants, including Port Authority, NJSP, NJ Attorney General (NJAG), etc. The UASI radio channels listed above were licensed by Office of Public Safety Communications under the NJAG, which also took care of the interop channels for the Delaware Valley / south Jersey area. Here's a list of the 2010 UASIs; initially the Philly UASI did not include any of NJ and I don't know if it has been adjusted since then.

Since the regional interop channels are licensed traditionally, there are less FCC restrictions on their usage than there are for the nationwide standard channels which should be limited to actual events or (maybe) training/drilling.

file?

Does anyone or radio reference offer a file for the 996xt for these frequencies?
And where can I find them?

Status
Not open for further replies.