No audio from Mot800/900 trunk channels unless I push "Tsys" and then "Analyz" on Pro106

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdyzfr6

Hey guys. I'm new to posting things so I hope I get this right. This is probably going to be a long one because I want to explain my problem in detail to maybe make it easier for anyone here to help? Please feel free to tell me if i'm in the wrong place or doing anything wrong. Thank you.

I have been looking everywhere, searching different posts, through all the searches engines on the internet and I cannot find any info on my problem. The closest and best info. I have gotten has come from here (as usual!) I'm really hoping someone here can help! I have seen a lot of intelligent questions and answers here. So, to tell you my situation... I'm in Cape Coral, FL and have have a Pro106 scanner. The Firmware says "Up App Ver RF1.8" "DSP App Ver RF1.4" & "DSP vocver RF1.0" when I checked it. I am using the software from the RR website to import everything to the scanner. When I go to "Lee County Public Safety (Motorola)", I check the only box (Simulcast) in the Transmitter Site Selection along with "All site frequencies" above it. The reason I selected "All Site Frequencies" is due to when I select "Primary and Alts Only" the scanner doesn't stop at anything (That should make sense if you read a little further). So, after those are selected, I go to the Talkgroup Selection and I click on any one of or-all of the Agencies (Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Lee County Fire, Lee County Sheriff, Etc.-it doesn't matter which one or how many), I then Import them over to the assigned Scan list, etc. I have setup. After it sends them over, a box comes up saying "PSREdit500 believes this system to be a Splinter system" then goes on about the border and if you think its an error etc. So I click "ok", check to see everything is correct, then import it to the scanner.

THE PROBLEM: So, when I turn the scanner on, as it's scanning, it will stop on a channel (for example "FMPD Disp 1") but there is no audio. It will sit on that channel for a few and then start scanning again. Then, it stops on a different channel and does the same thing. Now, when its stopped, above the F2 button, it says "TSYS". If I hit that button, it then says "Analyz" above the "F3" button. When I hit that button, a new screen comes up and on that screen, on the top line, it shows what I believe is the talk system? For example,it looks like this (TS-1701 MO 8/9 1). Then the middle line of the screen it shows which scan list. For example (Scan List 3-LeeCntySherif). Then the bottom line shows what channel and frequency. For example (CH01 853.525). Sometimes, after hitting the "Analyz" or "F3" on the right side of the screen, and it shows the frequency and channel, you will be able to hear clearly whoever is talking. Sometimes, you don't hear anything, but if you press the up/down buttons, it goes through the all the frequencies that are programmed in and as you are scrolling through, you will hear different people talking on different frequencies. Most of the time you will catch the last of a transmission then you have to scroll up or down more to catch anything else people are transmitting. So basically, my problem is why do I have to hit "TSYS" then "Analyz" every time it stops? I'm sorry for such a long post but I really don't know what else to do? When I go into "EDIT" in the "Trunking" screen to check the settings, it's automatically set to "Splinter", Multi Site is set to off, System is Motorola 800/900, all 12 frequencies are in there, everything looks correct. I just don't know what i'm doing wrong or what? Also, the reason I have all the frequencies in there instead of just the Control and Alternate is due to after many, many, many, many, different settings I have tried, if I click on "Primary and Control" frequencies only, the scanner doesn't stop on any of them- it doesn't pick up anything, just keeps scanning. So therefore, I have to have all the frequencies in order to just have the scanner stop when it picks one up. I think I have stated mostly everything. Again, I apologize for the length of it and appreciate anyone who took the time to read it and appreciate any input anyone has. Thanks again! Also, like I stated above, I'm new to this so I guess I will check back and check my e-mails? to see if anyone responded?

tdyzfr6

KevinC thanks so much for getting back to me. I clicked on the link and it brought me to the wiki site but it was just about rebanding. After scrolling up and down, I didn't see anything about the custom settings. When I click "custom" on the computer, the "edit tables" gets highlighted. When I click on that, the "custom frequency tables" box comes up to enter your custom tables below. At the bottom, you can click P25 Offsets, or 800 Rebanded. I clicked the 800 rebanded box and it filled in 5 lines. I applied that then uploaded it to the radio. It may be me, but it seems like its picking up a lot more but it's still doing the same thing. When it stops, I don't hear anything. If I push the TSYS then Analyz, then scroll through the frequencies, i occasionally catch some talking. I know you don't want to spend all your time teaching me, but if you can tell me anything else or anything i'm missing or not doing, or guide me in a direction to go, I really would appreciate it. Thank you

tdyzfr6

KevinC I just wanted to update and thank you. I ended up using the primary and control freq's along with the custom table you told me to do and now, it seems that all is now working correctly! Big help! Thanks again!

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
KevinC I just wanted to update and thank you. I ended up using the primary and control freq's along with the custom table you told me to do and now, it seems that all is now working correctly! Big help! Thanks again!

You're welcome.

tdyzfr6

You're welcome.
Hey, one more thing if you don't mind. Like I said before, when I import those over to the computer, that box comes up saying it is a "splintered system". Then it loads it as a Splintered system. In that box that says Splintered system, it also says something about "if this appears to be incorrect, please either notify someone at RR or change it or something like that. Since it is being imported to the computer incorrectly as a splintered system, is there anything I can/should do to notify someone about changing it or just let it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.