No audio issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjbjr

I get these a couple times a month and I never know how to fix it. It seems to work every time I login in(a couple times a week)but wanted to know why it stops getting audio.
cb96e1d5ac9b3681a0cba5d937f9ee3b.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

mjbjr

I moved the scanner to a new computer and it worked for a short time. Now its just hit and miss. I have a harris radio im able to monitor traffic with so i know whats coming in and whats not. Any ideas?

charlesdotcc

The Harris radio (as well as all the commercial radios) have a much better receiver than our scanners unfortunately, so it's not unexpected that it would work fine when our scanners are on the fritz. I think that's the issue - you're in a sub-optimal spot for this system and you're Harris radio is able to pull it out, but our scanners are right on the fringe so decoding is hit or miss depending on the conditions. :-/

The best I think we can do is play with the antennas, and antenna location, and hope to find a sweet spot. But I'm guessing you've tried most of the obvious solutions at this point.

mjbjr

I moved it to another computer and it seems to have fixed the issue. Onboard sound might be going bad on the other.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

relicwr

Premium Subscriber
If you still have problems, get Nooelec SDRSmart adapters and DSD+ Fast Lane on it. It's been working great for me, especially for Macon and I'm in Centerville.

charlesdotcc

Good to know! I'm afraid it's still just going to be a coverage issue for @mjbjr at his location, but good to know that's another option that works if we can get good reception.

mjbjr

If you still have problems, get Nooelec SDRSmart adapters and DSD+ Fast Lane on it. It's been working great for me, especially for Macon and I'm in Centerville.
Thanks but this mine as well be chinese. I do not know any of this terminology. Im still very new to this stuff. I have run mine for years but never had issues till recently. If you can link me to this, I will look into it.

@charles is correct though. Im not in the best location. But I have an upstairs neighbor that lets me put my antenna up on her balcony and that seems to help with those feeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.