WS1080: No EZ Scan Database Updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Same here. no TRX-1 database update. still on 656. usually EZ-scan gets the updates a day before sentinel does.

GRE (Whistler now) based updates have always came out on Saturdays while Unidens are available on Mondays. I think both companies pull the DB overnight the night before they are made available to their respective programs.

JERRYBIGJ

Why doesn't Wendy or someone from whistler respond why we have no database updates since 11-30-19? Uniden is still releasing weekly updates.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
Just a guess and I could be completely wrong... Don Starr stated that he hosted the PSR-800 updates after they went belly-up. Seeing how the Whistler and GRE updates have the same "number" I'd venture to guess they are from the same source. If Don was/is still hosting these maybe they had a falling out or whatever and he no longer hosts them (and him disappearing from his software may be an indication of something amiss as well).

Just a guess though.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
HI guys -
Sorry for the delayed response. It has been a bit busy around here because of the holidays.
I apologize for any inconvenience. We have been working on a new (updated) way to provide these updates and apparently it inadvertently caused us to not process the last couple of updates. Please be patient with us as we flush out the issue and get them back up and running.

Happy Scanning!
WW

sld

I wondered if the holidays had slowed things down. Thanks for the update and the work you do for us! Looking forward to the new process.

SLD

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I updated last night? is it still out?
Yep, still no DB updates. The last DB update was on 11/30/2019.

I hope I'm wrong for the Whistler owners but this sure feels like a bad sign.
Especially being XMAS and people getting new toys. Oh well, at least they can still update to the 11/30/19 version and be close to up to date.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
You guys are joking, right? The updates rarely change anything... I don't think a single freq, talkgroup, tag, system or anything has changed on my db (aka the stuff I use, which is about 8k freq's/talkgroups) in 2 years. 2 "weekly" updates missed, I'm sure we are not missing anything!

KMG54

Premium Subscriber
I think this subject is much deeper than that. I never agreed, but am now thinking Whistler is trowing in the towel.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
This isn't a Whistler issue. The guys here at RR do the updates. They're actually for both Whistler and Bearcat radios.

Whistler Wendy stated in post #9 above that it actually was an issue on their end. RR does not do the updates. Both Uniden and Whistler have their own servers that pull the database from RR, and those servers process the database and format it to work in their scanners for their updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.