No next page button in thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

athertop

Hi, I am seeing 20 posts in everuy thread and although I know there are more, I do not see a next page button at the bottom. I can edit the URL and add /page-2 and it goes to that page OK, but no next/prev page button on the web page. I am using latest chrome version on Mac.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hi, I am seeing 20 posts in everuy thread and although I know there are more, I do not see a next page button at the bottom. I can edit the URL and add /page-2 and it goes to that page OK, but no next/prev page button on the web page. I am using latest chrome version on Mac.
You're not seeing this at the top and bottom of any thread with more than 20 posts?

athertop

No, not seeing the page selector at all. For example on the thread: DSDPlus - DSD+ Fastlane updated - v2.256

I see this:
this is regardless of whether I select default style or dark style. I just checked and if I hover my pointer around where you show tghe page selector to be, I can tell there is something there, and if I click it does change page, but the selector is invisible.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Weird. I looked at that thread in both the normal and dark themes and I see the page buttons.

What browser are you using?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Weird. I looked at that thread in both the normal and dark themes and I see the page buttons.

Same here, shows up for me with both default and dark theme.

Reconrider

What browser are you using?
Same issue but mine are on the bottom only. iPhone 8+ chrome latest version. I assume it was done this way on purpose by the great admin though for mobile version

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Same issue but mine are on the bottom only. iPhone 8+ chrome latest version. I assume it was done this way on purpose by the great admin though for mobile version

On my iPhone, in the portrait mode those buttons are only on the bottom of the thread. When I turn the phone to the landscape mode, the page buttons are at the top and bottom of the threads.... Some of the details immediately under the user's avatar are not shown in the portrait mode also. It's a feature of the Xenforo forum software to conserve real estate in the portrait mode.

The OP stated he is using the latest Chrome browser on a Mac.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
The OP stated he is using the latest Chrome browser on a Mac.
I missed that.

I'd like to think that Chrome on a Mac would look the same as Chrome on Windows (which is what I'm using).

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I'd like to think that Chrome on a Mac would look the same as Chrome on Windows (which is what I'm using).

I would think so as well.

No Mac here, but Chrome on an iPhone displays the page buttons correctly.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm posting this from Chrome on OSX and I'm not having any problems seeing the page buttons on the DSD thread.

According to Chrome, I'm running Version 83.0.4103.116 (Official Build) (64-bit).

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I'm assuming it will look fine since I Safari is my goto web browser.

However, I didn't see any problems with Chrome either so who knows?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber

I see the 'next page' listing at the bottom of a thread in Safari on my iPhone, so no problem accessing the additional posts.

KG4INW

Premium Subscriber

That's my experience as well (i.e. everything displays correctly) but it would possibly help narrow down the OP's issue.

Last edited:

a417

As it's a rendered web page, the OP should clear his browser cache and revisit the site, and try to duplicate the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.