No Sound With DSDPlus

SatHunter

Ok definitely no kind of encryption. I attempted to speed up your recording that you posted, and I could speed it up to an extent and it sounded more intelligible but it did not sound like it should. I can't think of anything in DSDPlus that would "slow down" the decoded audio output. I have never seen that happen.

Did you make up your own batch files or add any specific command line options when running DSDPlus? If so, it would be good to know what CLI options you added on.
I’m glad to hear that it isn’t encrypted. The only bat file I created has -o1 for the sound output device. It would be something not set right in SDR# would it?
im seriously thinking about getting the DMR upgrade for my Uniden BCD325P2.
Do you think it would work with the channel I’ve been discussing here?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I’m glad to hear that it isn’t encrypted. The only bat file I created has -o1 for the sound output device. It would be something not set right in SDR# would it?

I wouldn't think so -- given that in your CLI screen for DSDPlus it shows BS DATA with absolutely no errors. If there aren't any decode errors, I would not expect there to be any sort of issue with the SDR# settings.

I don't know if too much audio (too hot) from SDR# to DSDPlus would generate errors or not, or if it would affect decoded output. If the signal is super strong, I'd turn the gain way down so that you have about a 25db SNR and no more. And then I'd adjust the volume in SDR# to make sure that the audio being fed into DSDPlus isn't too hot. But like I said before, I think if it had anything to do with the signal from SDR#, you'd see a copious amount of errors in the CLI while it's decoding data and voice on the channel. It is my opinion that if you see very few or no errors in hte CLI when it's monitoring data / voice, then the signal from SDR# is fine and there is nothing to improve there.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Check your PMs on this forum when you get a chance. I just sent you a private message. I have to take a break for half hour. But if you post something while I'm away I'll respond when I get back.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
In that recording, it sounds like you used third-party software to record that. That never works out good.

Better yet -- when there is activity on the system again, while you have DSDPlus running, put your mouse focus on the Event Window and then press "R" to start raw audio recording. Record about 60 seconds of raw audio. Then press "R" again to stop raw audio recording.

Then go find the DSDPlus-Raw-Input-*.wav file. Zip that up and post it.

Mike

SatHunter

In that recording, it sounds like you used third-party software to record that. That never works out good.

Better yet -- when there is activity on the system again, while you have DSDPlus running, put your mouse focus on the Event Window and then press "R" to start raw audio recording. Record about 60 seconds of raw audio. Then press "R" again to stop raw audio recording.

Then go find the DSDPlus-Raw-Input-*.wav file. Zip that up and post it.

Mike
Thank you very much Mike! They are done for the day so I’ll do a capture first thing in the morning 👍