NORAD exercise flights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alliance01TX

Premium Subscriber
A few recommendations and suspect others will chime in too....

Load the ARTCC (FAA Centers) Freq for Indy and Cleveland Centers

Look up the Radio Reference Military Air (Mil-Air) Wiki for Norad, AWACS and TACAMO freq' and also you might load in USAF Tanker freq too as migh have Air Refueling in the area or to/from your area. All freq are in "AM" mode with few exceptions (SATCOM is NFM)...

I posted the Dec 2013 AR Tracks in the Military Forum as USAF Air Refueling... so you can see whats AR area are near and likely pick up...The Tankers/Receivers will call the ARTCC to start AR work as will Norad as deconflicting airspace.

If AWACS is up you can clearly hear them vector fighters and call "NOR-TRACKS" at times to ident a specific target.

Load Civil Air Patrol Freqs as sometimes they fly the Low & Slow profiles for Air Intercept exercises too...

Check NOTAMS for both above FAA Centers for AR Tracks, MOA and Restrictions within ARTCC Zones.

Hope this helps and please advise what you find...

Bill

jasonhouk

Thank's for all the suggestions. I believe I have them all loaded up and them some. I'll be bringing my laptops with SDRs too along with the HP1 and PSR-800 and recording all activity. Will post my findings tomorrow!

jsoergel

Toledo flies several air defense missions several each week; the only difference is that this week they trained with an outside player - CBP. Most of the time they will just use the other aircraft in their flight as the TOI. 228.900 and 260.900 are usually the only active freqs (though they also use CONR-2 on satcom occasionally). They sometimes use 123.100 for a simulated Guard freq; 121.500 is avoided in case it is needed for a real emergency.

ff-medic

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.

nyair1

180th Fighter Wing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lucas County, Ohio (OH) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference = 3/4 way down - 180th - Alot of these frequencies are still true and correct, as I have heard them myself.

Combat Air Patrols - The RadioReference Wiki

FF - Medic !!!

I was looking at that list for the 180th and they have 228.900 listed as Norad sec training channel. Hasn't 228.900 always been the primary scramble channel?? Thats what i have had it listed as from prior years. Has that changed??

Status
Not open for further replies.