North Carolina New License Grants

Status
Not open for further replies.

KN4HTC

Can someone explain exactly what is going on with all of Polk Counties frequencies? It looks like they have 4 sites, each with it's own set of frequencies. But each of the KMRA groups don't seem to match up with the corresponding site frequencies (assuming a 5mhz split).

And what exactly is a LM control station?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Wide range of companies adding frequencies this week, from Amazon to schools to bomb squads, even NFL Films. Hope you find something new and interesting near you. Happy listening.

Below is this weeks (08/09 to 08/15/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 08152020 NC License Grant.pdf
    16.7 KB · Views: 24

spacellamaman

Wide range of companies adding frequencies this week, from Amazon to schools to bomb squads, even NFL Films. Hope you find something new and interesting near you. Happy listening.

Wait! I feel a premonition coming on!

A quote from the future, August 15th, 2025:

"Wide range of frequencies added by The Company this week, from Amazon to Amazon Fulfillment to Amazon Groceries to Amazon Defence Operations to the Amazon Fertil... well you get the idea, same as last week.. Hope you find something new and interesting near you. Happy listening."

All Hail, All Hail!

BREAKING! FCC re-designates the Business Band, now more appropriately categorized as the Bezos Band.

Yeah, you can tell I am really getting stuff done today...

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
A second NXDN system for NCDPS/DOP in Spruce Pine, Irdell Co finally gets their VHF analog license, and some renewals in this weeks NC license grants from the FCC.

Below is this weeks (08/16 to 08/22/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 08222020 NC License Grant.pdf
    128.3 KB · Views: 17

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Lots of renewals in this weeks NC license grants from the FCC, including City of Wilmington, Novant, NC DPS Craven Co, Fleet Connect and American Airlines (the bulk of the list). But, there are a few new licenses as well.

Below is this weeks (08/23 to 08/29/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 08292020 NC License Grant.pdf
    131.8 KB · Views: 21

spacellamaman

Lots of renewals in this weeks NC license grants from the FCC, including City of Wilmington, Novant, NC DPS Craven Co, Fleet Connect and American Airlines (the bulk of the list). But, there are a few new licenses as well.

Below is this weeks (08/23 to 08/29/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

WQMQ642: Low band gets a new lease on life! w007!

WQMN553: I oughtta start selling Bomb Robots, but soon tho, the market is reaching saturation it appears. I betcha Lizzard Lick ain't got one yet. Money money mooonayyy!

Though I must say, Diffusing terrorist threats still seems less appealing than defusing them all together, but whadda I know.

Another saturday, shot to h....

KN4HTC

Wonder why the state renewed the low band frequency listed. Isn't low band going away?

spacellamaman

Never know what you might need and since PS renewals are free why not hang onto the freq just in case

FREE??? i always wondered about that. its truely a miracle any frequency ever gets freed up then. I figured there had to be some sort of "cost", monetary/hassle/time/effort involved, just purely due to the fact anything was pried outta the cold dead fingers so to speak.

it probably would be prudent to hang on to more than is apparently done then.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
FREE??? i always wondered about that. its truely a miracle any frequency ever gets freed up then. I figured there had to be some sort of "cost", monetary/hassle/time/effort involved

We are talking about public safety pool freqs and obviously there is a time and effort costs involved. I would think most freqs get freed up when the department ignores the renewal notice or just decides they have no reason to go back to that band.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Congratulations on surviving another week of this crazy time we are living in. Hope everyone is doing good. Not a lot of new license grants this week, Union County schools and some private businesses is all.

Below is this weeks (9/19 to 9/26/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 09262020 NC License Grant.pdf
    103.3 KB · Views: 13

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Not a lot of new grants for NC this week, but I hope you find something interesting on the list.

Below is this weeks (9/27 to 10/03/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 10032020 NC License Grant.pdf
    110 KB · Views: 15

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
This week brings FCC License Grants for renewals of Wake County VHF and UHF frequencies, and from NASCAR. Farmers Market in Raleigh has a new license through the State Dept of Agriculture and a few others. Hope you see something new and useful.

Below is this weeks (10/03 to 10/10/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 10102020 NC License Grant.pdf
    111.4 KB · Views: 22

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Slow week for license grants in NC, but I hope you find something of interest. As a side note, as the elections draw near we are getting a lot of attention from the presidential candidates. While USSS is encrypted you can hear lots of interesting traffic on the Statewide Viper talkgroups. Biden in Durham tomorrow and Trump in Gastonia later this week.

Below is this weeks (10/11 to 10/17/2020) NC license grants. If you would like to receive this list weekly by email you may subscribe here NC License Grants Email Subscription Sign Up

Attachments

• 10172020 NC License Grant.pdf
    104.1 KB · Views: 10
Status
Not open for further replies.