Northern Virginia Incidents

ecarvalho

Love VSP on STARS
decoding is better for me than LCSO DULLES.
... on my 536

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

freqhopping

VSP, Fairfax and Loudoun in pursuit of a motorcycle in the Sterling area. Fairfax-1 is right above. Comms on Loudoun Dulles. For traffic charges.

1717- NBC4 helo is following, showing it live now.
At least a 20 second delay for what's shown on TV
1740- Just gave up at Rt7 and Belmont Ridge Rd. Probably ran out of gas
Park PD helo just showed too.

Fairfax-1 landed in Leesburg for fuel

Last edited:

freqhopping

VSP is involved in a pursuit in the Alexandria area. A couple VSP cars have been hit and very damaged. One is on fire now.

Can just barely see the burning vehicle on a traffic cam at Rt/Beltway. Map | TrafficLand, Inc.

Sounds like they got the suspect stopped though.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Units responding for a structure fire at 13316 Covered Wagon Lane in Herndon. Units advised to stage well away because a person inside is shooting at responders.
1550- News helo on scene

Last edited:

freqhopping

Couldn't post at the time. But around 0130 a Loudoun deputy initiated a traffic stop on Evergreen Mills. The car took off and it was called in as a pursuit. The deputy lost sight of it but then a few seconds later found it crashed and on fire in the area of Rt659/Stone Springs Blvd. The FD was requested immediately. Two occupants were trapped. Deputies managed to pull out the driver it sounded like. The other two died in the fire. Units are still on scene and only about 10 minutes ago began extrication.

ecarvalho

Couldn't post at the time. But around 0130 a Loudoun deputy initiated a traffic stop on Evergreen Mills. The car took off and it was called in as a pursuit. The deputy lost sight of it but then a few seconds later found it crashed and on fire in the area of Rt659/Stone Springs Blvd. The FD was requested immediately. Two occupants were trapped. Deputies managed to pull out the driver it sounded like. The other two died in the fire. Units are still on scene and only about 10 minutes ago began extrication.

nice catch! saw it on channel 8 the next morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

freqhopping

Calls for building collapses in the Gainesville area. Earlier radar was indicating possible tornadic activity west of Haymarket moving east.

freqhopping

Tree down on a car near Lowry's Crab Shack in Hamilton. Live sparking wires above the car and exploding transformers nearby. Two people in the car, at least one is unconscious. Ops on 6L.

Very large tree, one guy said 8ft around.

freqhopping

Closing in on an hour now since it happened. Mass casualty wreck involving a "Rolling Diners – Dane's Great American Hamburger" converted school bus on Evergreen Mills Rd / Watson Rd in Loudoun. Initially I heard reports of three red tags and a possible black as the most serious. Three medevacs have arrived and now the NBC4 helicopter (N9QD- recently acquired apparently) on 153.05 has just arrived.

Ops on 6D, 6E and LCSO Dulles Tac 1.

Just now getting live footage on NBC. I can't imagine anyone in the car could've possibly survived. Absolutely crushed against a guardrail in a t-bone fashion to the left side.

Looks like the bus must've been going northbound on Watson and failed to stop, plowed into a car heading northbound on Evergreen Mills.

1757- One of the joint news helo will be showing up soon. N67CL 450.2625

A 4th med helo was requested, 45 minute ETA for that one.
1824- Helo checking in with a 10 minute ETA. N87ME coming from DC.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Closing in on an hour now since it happened. Mass casualty wreck involve some sort of bus on Evergreen Mills Rd / Watson Rd in Loudoun. Initially I heard reports of three red tags and a possible black as the most serious. Three medevacs have arrived and now the NBC4 helicopter (N9QD- recently acquired apparently) on 153.05 has just arrived.

Ops on 6D, 6E and LCSO Dulles Tac 1.

Just now getting live footage on NBC. I can't imagine anyone in the car could've possibly survived. Absolutely crushed against a guardrail in a t-bone fashion to the left side.
Air care on scene. There were 5 people pinned.

They have a chaplain on scene now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk