Northern Virginia Incidents

ecarvalho

That intersection is dangerous and folks don't typically respect the 40 mile per hour limit ... is an entry and exit in the middle of closed curve.
I drive by every day commuting back from work. Today we had to turn around and find another route.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
That intersection is dangerous and folks don't typically respect the 40 mile per hour limit ... is an entry and exit in the middle of closed curve.
I drive by every day commuting back from work. Today we had to turn around and find another route.
Yeah, I always slow down there. I can't tell from the picture but who looks to be in the wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

ecarvalho

Yeah, I always slow down there. I can't tell from the picture but who looks to be in the wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

The chopper image is great but I'm also having a hard time figuring out how that happened

freqhopping

Aircare-2 enroute to Fairfax hospital pick up blood to take back to the scene. That's not something you ever hear of happening.

Patient 1 just now extricated. Will be flown by Aircare3

2005- Aircare to Aircare, telling 2 to return to the scene to get their patient. All three have been extricated.
Pretty miraculous anybody in the car survived.

2007- Aircare2 just now overhead the hospital too.

News and med helos talking on 123.025

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Loudoun County, VA – At 4:50 p.m., the driver of a decommissioned bus converted into a food truck was traveling east on Watson Road when they struck a passenger vehicle traveling northbound on Evergreen Mills Road.

This is an active crash investigation and details will be released as they become available.

Evergreen Mills Road will be closed between Black Branch Parkway and Red Cedar Drive for several hours. Watson Road is currently closed at Waxwing Drive.*

Motorists are advised to avoid the area or expect significant delays. Please follow law enforcement direction.

fredva

Feed Provider
At this time, one fatality and four critical injuries, plus three less serious injuries from the food truck/bus. Very, very unfortunate that the car involved was filled with adults and juveniles. :(

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Loudoun County, VA – An Ashburn woman lost her life Friday afternoon and four passengers in her vehicle were seriously injured after a two vehicle crash on Evergreen Mills Road near Leesburg.

Around 4:50 p.m., the driver of a 2000 Thomas bus converted into a food truck was traveling east on Watson Road when they ran a stop sign and struck a 2014 Audi Station wagon traveling northbound on Evergreen Mills Road. The driver of the bus and two juvenile passengers were taken to the StoneSprings Hospital Center emergency room for treatment of minor injuries. They have since been released.

The driver of the Audi, Erin T. Kaplan, 39, lost her life at the scene. An adult passenger and three juvenile passengers were airlifted to Inova Fairfax Hospital. All four remain hospitalized and one of the juveniles is in critical condition.

The crash remains under investigation and charges are pending after review by the Office of the Commonwealth’s Attorney.

JamesO

Active Shooter Merrifield/Falls Church

Approximately 4:50 PM dispatch 8111 Gate House Road Falls Church, VA

This is next door to the FCPS Headquarters Building

Pre-school and other offices in the building. Multi story office building approximately 6 stories.

Sounds like as of this post the "Shooter" is down?

Heavy Police presence and Fairfax 1 landed in Luther Jackson Middle School field on standby.

Police are currently "Clearing" the building.

freqhopping

Loudoun pursuit of SUV just became a bailout in the Ashburn/Brambleton area. On Dulles channel.

Bailout on Regal Wood Dr.

Just got the tag return, stolen in Fairfax Co.

2053- Just got someone in custody and now Fairfax1 finally comes up on the radio.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Some sort of assault and shooting event in Leesburg at The Tire Shop. One shot in the stomach, one with a non-shooting head wound.
One with a side laceration maybe.
Shooter in custody. I know the shop has all sorts of security cameras around it.

Gun shot victim being classified as a yellow tag, so maybe more of a graze?

Last edited:

freqhopping

Working house fire on Birdsnest Place in Ashburn. Fire from 2nd floor on all sides. Fire through the roof. Ops on 6D for now.
2034- Roof already collapsing. Unable to complete a primary search of the first floor.

Kind of surprising it got that far along before someone called it in.

freqhopping

There is an incident going on in the area of Rt28 and Dulles Airport property involving a naked guy running loose. That and some crashes have got Rt28 shut down. MWAA, Fairfax Co and VSP are involved looking for the guy. The Fairfax helo has arrived to search. Ops on Fairfax Sully channel, VSP Div 7 west, MWAA and Loudoun east channel. K9 units are involved, with Loudoun on the way with another.

Loudoun will be southbound traffic at Old Ox Rd.

Probable suspect vehicle belongs to a Jose Geronimo Flores Gonzalez

1620- Loudoun ops moving to East Tac 2.
1640- Resolved and units are clearing

Last edited:

freqhopping

Fairfax Co in pursuit of a stolen car, westbound on Rt7 approaching Baron Cameron.
Toyota Corolla VA tag VNG7391

Passing FFX Co Pkwyat 2253
Entered Loudoun, Loudoun preparing to deploy stop sticks at several locations.
2254- Turned down Cardinal Glen which is a loop.
2255- Fairfax1 is airborne, Fairfax cars told to go in-service, Loudoun conducting a felony stop on Cardinal Glen.

This will be the 2nd car in a week, stolen in Herndon and recovered in Loudoun. They'll be facing charges from Herndon PD, Fairfax, Loudoun and maybe VSP too.

If the license I just heard run is the guy they arrested, then it's the same guy they arrested with the stolen car on Friday night. Good thing he was released on bail. :roll:

12/8/2017 Rt28/Rt7 Pursuit: A deputy observed a vehicle traveling over the posted speed limit at this location. When the deputy initiated their emergency equipment the vehicle fled at high rate of speed. The vehicle was stopped in the parking lot of Waterview Plaza and the driver was identified Abdullah Anwar, 23, of Herndon, VA. During the course of the investigation was determined that the vehicle was stolen out of Herndon. Anwar was arrested and charged with Felony Speed to Elude, Auto Theft, Driving under the Influence, Refusal to Submit to a Breath Test, Reckless driving by speed and Driving a suspended driver’s license. He was released from the Loudoun County Adult Detention Center on a secured bond.

Last edited:

freqhopping

Two Loudoun deputies shot at 46728 Hollow Mountain Place in Sterling. One hit in the arm, the other the leg. Not clear if they were shot by a suspect or by one of themselves.

I think it may have been some sort of domestic they were responding to.

An LZ is being prepared at Dominion High School.

1715- They will be transported by ground to Reston.

Last edited: