Northern Virginia Incidents

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
Oddly high number of vehicles catching fire tonight in single digit temperatures...

freqhopping

Units being dispatched for a fire at the Monroe Votech Center in Leesburg. Reports of 30-40ft flames from the roof and sounds like jet engine.

Ops on 6G and 6H, fire coming from the center of the building.

Possibly being fed by an acetylene tank.

Chief neighbor just left for the scene in the command vehicle he had home for the weekend. Second alarm about to be dispatched. 0025
0035- Mostly extinguished, sounds like it was mostly external but some roof materials are still burning.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Units being dispatched for a fire at the Monroe Votech Center in Leesburg. Reports of 30-40ft flames from the roof and sounds like jet engine.

Ops on 6G and 6H, fire coming from the center of the building.

Possibly being fed by an acetylene tank.

Chief neighbor just left for the scene in the command vehicle he had home for the weekend. Second alarm about to be dispatched. 0025
Calling for HAZMAT now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

freqhopping

Leesburg was briefly in pursuit of a vehicle westbound on the bypass. It crashed while trying to get on the Greenway. The driver bailed out into the woods. LCSO units are enroute to help set up a perimeter. Two LPD units mentioned having unsuccessful tazer deployments.

2200- Fairfax1 has arrived to help search.

Subject was wanted for being a felon in possession of guns and some other stuff prior to eluding.

Apparently he was hit with the tazer but still got away. So now EMS is being requested to stage for when they do find him.
2217- Helo is done looking. Calling back the K9 and done searching. But they know who he is.

Last edited:

ur20v

Serious single car MVA on Hillsboro Rd at Allder School Rd outside of Purcellville. Hillsboro Rd closed in both directions. Male driver, female passenger - female said to be "red tag" and being airlifted to Fairfax. Male driver told police that his girlfriend (female passenger) tried jumping from moving car then grabbed the steering wheel and caused the vehicle to crash into a fence. Purcellville PD, LCSO, VSP responding.

Purcellville officer remarked to LCSO dispatch, "from the severity of her injuries, it doesn't look like she's going to make it"

freqhopping

Had my scanner turned down so missed what started it off. LCSO just conducted a felony stop at the Patient First in Leesburg after a pursuit.

In the meantime there are heavy patrols on the lookout for the suspects that have been robbing Sunocos and 7-11s recently.

Last edited:

ur20v

In the meantime there are heavy patrols on the lookout for the suspects that have been robbing Sunocos and 7-11s recently.

Just turned one on a few minutes ago, surprised to hear action on Brambleton car-to-car...

Busy evening in the land of "ignorant hillbillys" 😂

freqhopping

Leesburg PD is currently conducting some training for a hostage situation at the Cornerstone Chapel. Seems I've found the churches repeated radios on 464.3125/469.3125 PL 97.4. No wonder I hadn't found this before, it's a new license as of last week.

LPD occasionally announces on their tac channel that it is training.

ur20v

Sounds like LCSO is running more drills this afternoon on Brambleton tac 1...

ecarvalho

Yep, almost every week day afternoon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cool stuff.
9621af5566e134fe079da0b147a94cbb.jpg

ur20v

Active shooter drill on LCSO Brambleton Tac 1

freqhopping

For a while several deputies ended up on sick leave or whatever because of getting injured during these drills. I heard some state units involved one day.

ur20v

While I applaud their proactive approach and desire to perfect their response to such an incident, the overtime costs associated with these drills must be huge.

ur20v

Somebody is getting OT. That's a lot of people off the street.

freqhopping

US Park PD Eagle-2 helo is enroute to western Loudoun for a injured person on the Appalachian Trail near access point S3.

1255- Helo on scene and finally spotted ground responders.

Last edited: