Northern Virginia Incidents

freqhopping

Working townhouse fire in Potomac Falls, 20347 Ashcroft Terrace. Arrived to find fire on all floors. Evacuating entire row and the row behind.
Starting with only an exterior attack.

jpeterson24

Premium Subscriber
What happens when 3 structure fires get dispatched in short succession (Fairfax County, midday 25 June 2021)

Already occurring: gas leak in Reston at Market St & Explorer St (Box 425-41) with evacuations and HazMat (don't remember talkgroup).
1st fire: 2015 Kilgore Rd (Box 413-04), smoke in a rear bedroom (4D).
2nd fire: 13000 Farthingdale Dr (Box 436-03), fire on the second floor, quadrant B. RIT was dispatched (43D).
3rd fire: 6112A Arlington Blvd (Box 428-07), smoke from a power surge in the pump room of the swimming school (4F, command channel 4G).

Color key:
Black (e.g., FA425) = no units available
Pink (none shown) = at least 1 unit available, but no more than 10% of typical units
Purple (e.g., FA429) = no more than 25% of typical units
Red (e.g., FA404) = no more than 50% of typical units
Orange (e.g., MW303) = no more than 75% of typical units
Yellow (e.g., FA438) = no more than 90% of typical units
Green (e.g., FA402) = more than 90% of typical units
Blue (none shown) = more than 100% of typical units

Map is self-made in QGIS and shows fire stations, their units (self-researched on publicly-accessible sites), and their firebox's applicable coverage, according to how many units are in use.

The flag-type icons show the three active fires + the gas leak + some fill-in transfers, colored by determinant code (i.e., Delta level is red, Alpha level is green). Note: I do not know the actual dispatched calls so I made a guestimate as to the determinant codes for these incidents.

1624640217122.png

freqhopping

Loudoun units are now working a domestic turned possbie murder at the Stone Spring Apartment in Aldie. The husband called and said he murdered his wife. Upon entering units reported massive trauma. It was mentioned she was still alive, so certainly in critical condtion if not dead. I have a source saying a hammer was used. CSI enroute. Evening shift role call has been cancelled.

ur20v

The Feds say my name hot like when the oven on
I hope @freqhopping was listening... a call from what sounded like Loudoun County at about 0915 (I was across the room and couldn't get to the radio in time to verify) - caller just moved into the residence and found a military bag in the garage full of what they believe to be explosives. We shall see what, if anything develops from this.

johnrockie

Feed Provider
I hope @freqhopping was listening... a call from what sounded like Loudoun County at about 0915 (I was across the room and couldn't get to the radio in time to verify) - caller just moved into the residence and found a military bag in the garage full of what they believe to be explosives. We shall see what, if anything develops from this.
Caldwell Terrace SE, Leesburg PD has the call

freqhopping

freqhopping

A 28yo woman shot her dad to death at a home on Fording Branch Ct north of Leesburg. Left the home and called 911 after the mother already had. Said she had left the gun in the house. Was walking towards Montressor Rd where she was picked up by LCSO. The mother reported that she has mental issues, clearly.

Hbright

Questions:

On Oct 26, Vienna PD dispatched had all units working the Halloween parade switch over to the "event channel," but on RRDB for Fairfax County's P25 system I'm only seeing the main channel and two enc "Ops" channels (like each FCPD station). Is RRDB missing a talkgroup or is one of the Ops channels actually an event channel? Maybe Vienna has an additional system separate from the County's (how does Vienna DPW communicate?). I see on the P16 system (which I think is the old analog system that's been kept as a backup?) there's a VPD B/U channel, maybe that now "event?"

Also, does anyone know how Vienna 911 works? Do all calls geolocated within the town go to Vienna, who then transfers any medical calls over to Fairfax County DPSC? What about situations that require VPD and FRD? I'm pretty sure CAD isn't shared (FCPD can't access VPD CAD events and vice versa).

Thanks, I hope this is the right thread for these questions.

Hbright

Questions:

On Oct 26, Vienna PD dispatched had all units working the Halloween parade switch over to the "event channel," but on RRDB for Fairfax County's P25 system I'm only seeing the main channel and two enc "Ops" channels (like each FCPD station). Is RRDB missing a talkgroup or is one of the Ops channels actually an event channel? Maybe Vienna has an additional system separate from the County's (how does Vienna DPW communicate?). I see on the P16 system (which I think is the old analog system that's been kept as a backup?) there's a VPD B/U channel, maybe that now "event?"
Update: Vienna PD's Events channel is TG5456 on the Fairfax County Public Safety P25 system.

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
Questions:

Also, does anyone know how Vienna 911 works? Do all calls geolocated within the town go to Vienna, who then transfers any medical calls over to Fairfax County DPSC? What about situations that require VPD and FRD? I'm pretty sure CAD isn't shared (FCPD can't access VPD CAD events and vice versa).

Thanks, I hope this is the right thread for these questions.
The county is the primary 911 answering point. Calls for Police in the towns and City are transferred to those local departments comm center via 911 trunk lines.

Hbright

If it is a verified use, then submit it. only way database gets updated is by user submissions.
serious question: what would it take for it to be “verified?” I’d love to get a codeplug/fleet map with confirmed TGIDs and channel names, but I don’t see that happening anytime soon. What I do now is mark down specialty unit RIDs (when heard in the clear), wait till I see an encrypted channel active and then correlate the RIDs seen with the unit those officers are from. For Vienna, I heard an officer say he was switching to the Events channel, then saw his RID on 5456 shortly thereafter, so I’m pretty confident on that one.

freqhopping

Shooting in the apartments on Stamford Sq in Sterling. EMS has one code patient, going to scoop and go. Leesburg PD enroute with K9. LCSO asking Fairfax if they have a helo available.

Fairfax helo enroute.
At least seven rounds fired.
Perp possibly still within the apartment complex.

Hbright

Shooting in the apartments on Stamford Sq in Sterling. EMS has one code patient, going to scoop and go. Leesburg PD enroute with K9. LCSO asking Fairfax if they have a helo available.

Fairfax helo enroute.
At least seven rounds fired.
Perp possibly still within the apartment complex.
Fairfax 2 was enroute, but they stopped at a VSP pursuit wreck in Sully. Then they went to look for an OD patient in Fair Oaks. By the time they were avail again, LSCO apparently didn’t need them.

Busy night for them, there was a carjacking on Route 7 just inside the county line around 0300.