Not receiving VC/audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

goldmyne99

Log file with alt version. No real change from what I can see.

Attachments

• BTConfig-2021-03-24_1550.exep25rx_conlog_2021-03-24.txt
    18.3 KB · Views: 2

btt

Banned
Banned
Log file with alt version. No real change from what I can see.
That is really strange that you don't see any phase 1 traffic on that system. On top of that, you are only seeing a single talk group. Maybe you could try some more of the repeater frequencies close to you? It may be that subscribers are associated to other repeaters? Anyone else familiar with the WISCOM system care to comment?

goldmyne99

That is really strange that you don't see any phase 1 traffic on that system.

Totally agree. Strange indeed. I have used the test freq in the Search DB tab. Entering them by hand if not in the DB. 853.975 is the only one that shows a signal. I also can not find any info of it being a phase 2 system.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
Totally agree. Strange indeed. I have used the test freq in the Search DB tab. Entering them by hand if not in the DB. 853.975 the only one that shows a signal. I also can not find any info it being a phase 2 system.
There is no doubt that the control channel on 853.975 is transmitting TDMA voice grants for the single talk group as shown in the logs. It repeats over and over and all of these messages are protected by CRC algorithms. Hopefully someone else familiar with WISCOM will have some insight on that. Many systems are mixed, so that would not be strange at all to have some phase 2 mixed in with a "phase 1" system.

-edit: You can also verify that the voice channel frequency is correct by looking at the repeater entry on RR:

goldmyne99

Many systems are mixed, so that would not be strange at all to have some phase 2 mixed in with a "phase 1" system.

Understood. The only phase 2 system that I am aware of near me is in Washington County. I decodes fine with p25rx at -115 dbm.

Reactions: btt

goldmyne99

I just moved back to version 03-21 2028 from the alt version.

At first startup on my primary system 853.7125. (OASIS)
I am seeing TDMA voice grants on OASIS. I have only seen this occur once before on this system. Only after monitoring a known phase 2 system and going back to a phase one only system. Not via roaming. Only by changing primary system in btconfig.
Now rebooted...running fine phase 1. No TDMA in log after reboot.

Attachments

• BTConfig-2021-03-21_2028.exep25rx_conlog_2021-03-24.txt
    11.6 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
I just moved back to version 03-21 2028 from the alt version.

At first startup on my primary system 853.7125. (OASIS)
I am seeing TDMA voice grants on OASIS. I have only seen this occur once before on this system. Only after monitoring a known phase 2 system and going back to a phase one only system. Not via roaming. Only by changing primary system in btconfig.
Now rebooted...running fine phase 1. No TDMA in log after reboot.
This might be a bit off topic for this thread, but that makes sense. Even though you aren't using roaming, a bug in the recent firmware changes to improve the roaming mode ( in order to track up to 16 channels), is most likely causing this issue. New "alt testing" version available. This will reset the base frequency tables for all 16 records when the primary frequency is changed. I believe this will take care of this issue.

edit: The updates that many people want to turn the P25RX into a "scanner" is going to require a lot of changes. In order not to completely upend the stability up the "current stable", I'm going to create a completely different branch of the software for this. I will probably be re-writing large sections of code. It will take a while.

Last edited:

btt

Banned
Banned
No voice frames detected, and nothing that I can see in the logs. The signal levels vary, significantly. (See the attached pic)

I might take this with road trip, where I will be a bit closer to the site, and see what happens.

I hooked up to my external TV antenna, and got this on the same site. (I picked one of the better signal times.)

View attachment 101110

You should be seeing voice grants with a nice signal like that. Please give the "alt testing" version a try. 2021-03-25_0703. This version will display GRANT_0x03_EXPLICIT_MANF_0x00 in the console if this previously unhandled voice grant type is received. Hopefully this is the issue.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Try the "latest stable" version. 2021-03-25_0703

-edit: Be sure to look in the console for the string 'GRANT_0x03_EXPLICIT_MANF_0x00'. This grant wasn't handled by the P25RX in previous versions, so I don't know if it will work as implemented, but you should see that message at least (if this is the issue).

I tried that version, allowed the FW update, and let it sit for a bit, to stabilize. Within seconds of connecting the external TV antenna, I was getting audio. The levels/audio are still less stable that I would expect. I will be trying with the other antennas.

Reactions: btt

btt

Banned
Banned
I tried that version, allowed the FW update, and let it sit for a bit, to stabilize. Within seconds of connecting the external TV antenna, I was getting audio. The levels/audio are still less stable that I would expect. I will be trying with the other antennas.
Excellent! I'm glad we got that figured out! I have another person that I believe is having the same issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.