Nothing to scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

baj76

Uniden fanboy
click the Report link on the bottom of your post and ask a mod to move this to the Uniden forums

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
you need to enable or turn on a scanlist to make it work. I have heard that someone entered their zip code and that made it work, that scanner must have been in search mode, im not sure.

Secondly have you consulted the owners manual, im sure this is cover in there.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
And this page may also be helpful: X36 "Nothing to Scan" Checklist

I'm sure you will find there is one (or more) little settings that is causing your issue. They can be frustrating to run down as well as time consuming. But many of us have been in this predicament and worked our way through it and I'm sure you will too. Just be patient.

tvengr

Well Known Member
In your profile in Sentinel, if you are downloading from the database, check the box for Monitor Full Database. If loading favorites lists, turn on Download and Monitor for each favorites list.

Bob1955

Ever time I program my 536 it says nothing to scan ??? HELP
longfeather, return that BCD-536 if you just bought it, you are MUCH better off with the Bearcat BCD-996P2 as it is much less money and "trouble" free too. It can be purchased at Bearcat Warehouse in Maryland for $349.95. It had been as low as $335.00 on Amazon.com but recently went up. Mine works great. You are paying for zip code programing, and a built in Radioreference updating and that SD card that users have reported it failing at times.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
True the answer is not to buy a new scanner but to program the one they have to work like they want. The 536 has many more features and will do a great job. I think someone is running the same old SCANNER ADD here everytime anything is wrong you know FLO.

greggk

Premium Subscriber
Okay, I know the fix but, and I really do have Dementia, don't know how to describe the fix. But I do know this: These forums were all about helping people..especially new people. I've been away for a while with medical issues, but it seems this particular post has become very nasty, condescending, and just unhelpful. For those here who can explain this fix, as easy as you have done before, maybe we could her her?? FWIW. IMHO. Greg

PS: Hang in there Longfeather. You will get an answer. I'm sure. As just for info, its a very easy fix, one that once you grasp it, it will all seem so simple. Greg

Oh..one more thing. When we were all new, how many of us really got an answer, in reference to tricky programming, from the manual??

EDIT: This is NOT the place to talk newbies into trading in a very high tech, one of the best scanners for something else?

EDIT: If I think of any more edits I'll be back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.