• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

NX-5000 Series, Q&A, Info, and details

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbr600rr2

So with the DMR channel, it is on the correct Color Code and GID? If there are multiple users on a FB6 (community repeater) or different TG in use on a single repeater, all 3 DMR items have to match, CC, SLOT, GID.

The other would be your scan window settings, if its too tight this can happen also.
I have no idea what any of this means. Is there away you can call me?

Cbr600rr2

Or can I email you the code plug of the radio and you can see what’s going on and possibly fix it. More than happy to compensate you

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Or can I email you the code plug of the radio and you can see what’s going on and possibly fix it. More than happy to compensate you

You don't know what Color Code, Group ID, and slot mean? You would pretty much have to know those to have programmed DMR...

Reactions: RRR

Cbr600rr2

You don't know what Color Code, Group ID, and slot mean? You would pretty much have to know those to have programmed DMR...
I didn’t program it. A company did and they screwed up. And it went back 3 times they can’t figure it out. So I bought the software and figure I’d try and I can’t. I can program Motorola no problem but kenwood no idea. So I’m looking for help

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I didn’t program it. A company did and they screwed up. And it went back 3 times they can’t figure it out. So I bought the software and figure I’d try and I can’t. I can program Motorola no problem but kenwood no idea. So I’m looking for help

OK, gotcha.

The Color Code is kind of like CTCSS on analog. The timeslot...on DMR there are two timeslots that can be used, 1 or 2. And then of course the talkgroup ID that you want to talk on. So, you have to know the CC, TS, and TG (GID) for a channel. That's what Evans was talking about, making sure they were all correct.

Cbr600rr2

OK, gotcha.

The Color Code is kind of like CTCSS on analog. The timeslot...on DMR there are two timeslots that can be used, 1 or 2. And then of course the talkgroup ID that you want to talk on. So, you have to know the CC, TS, and TG (GID) for a channel. That's what Evans was talking about, making sure they were all correct.
Well it also seems like you know what your talking about. Can I email you the code plug maybe you can figure it out??

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Well it also seems like you know what your talking about. Can I email you the code plug maybe you can figure it out??

Honestly I don't know if I'm that good lol I just know those things have to be right. Maybe post a screenshot of your channel screen in the software and let's crowdsource it here and see if someone notices something that's off.

Cbr600rr2

Hey guys I figured it out and got it to work it was a stupid setting issue. But now I have a different problem. When in priority scan. The analog channel that is a receive channel cut outs out and there’s a knocking noise rather than the transmission but when it’s not in scan mode it works fine. Anybody have any idea?

Cbr600rr2

Hey guys I figured it out and got it to work it was a stupid setting issue. But now I have a different problem. When in priority scan. The analog channel that is a receive channel cut outs out and there’s a knocking noise rather than the transmission but when it’s not in scan mode it works fine. Anybody have any idea?
Could it be because is the site roaming??

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber

Like it's checking the priority channel? If you're in priority scan and it stops on a channel other than the priority channel, it will 'look back' to the priority channel at the regular interval you have set to check for traffic on the priority channel. I don't recall the default off hand but it's like every second or maybe faster. If you don't want it to do this, don't use priority scan but rather just regular scan.

Cbr600rr2

Like it's checking the priority channel? If you're in priority scan and it stops on a channel other than the priority channel, it will 'look back' to the priority channel at the regular interval you have set to check for traffic on the priority channel. I don't recall the default off hand but it's like every second or maybe faster. If you don't want it to do this, don't use priority scan but rather just regular scan.
Ok I tried setting up the regular scan but if someone transmits on the selected channel it doesn’t revert back. Any idea how to make this happen? And also do I need to take priority scan off?

Cbr600rr2

Did you build the scan list?
My NX-5200 and NX-5300 Scan NXDN DMR and CONVENTIONAL all in the same scan list.
I did. When I put it on list I can’t even turn on the scan. And when I go single it will not revert back to the selected channel can I email you my code plug??

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
If you want priority scan then enable it. Adjust the Lookback Time A to something that pleases you between rapid audio holes and missing the first word on the priority channel. I like about 1 sec. No way to completely eliminate the drop outs.

Cbr600rr2

The problem isn’t losing a word or whatever. I have A set to 0.50 and B is set 2.00
The problem I’m having is when priority scan is on the transmission of the analog channels gets cut out and there’s a knocking noise or a ping. And when those analog channels are on normal scan they come in fine but the radio doesn’t revert when the channel I’m on starts to transmit.
The analog channels are a local PD and FD and there only receive channels

Status
Not open for further replies.