nypd units

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
Anti Crime? obviously very little! just kiding

TARU? The Sp Ops crew with the electronic gadgets. Like camers that can be punched through walls.

gothamite

If only some cops are assigned to Anti-Crime, does that mean that all other cops are Pro crime?

comspec

The Anti-Crime units carry signs and protest outside crack houses :)

Actually, Anti-Crime is an undercover unit that concentrates on street level crime. The theory being that the can catch people in the act where uniformed officers respond to calls for service and act as a deterent. I am 50% sure they are a citywide unit vs. "Street Crime" which is a pct level unit. Maybe someone else can verify this.

TARU= Technical Assistance Response Unit which performs a lot of functions. Basically they are geeks with guns (although they have civilians in the unit also) They also evaluate technology to see if it has applications for Law Enforcement and then provide tactical advice on how to use those toys during actual incidencents. I know becuase my company makes some tech toys and we have sold to the TARU units.

Last edited:

SCANdal

Silent Key
I am 50% sure they are a citywide unit vs. "Street Crime" which is a pct level unit. Maybe someone else can verify this.
com,

At present there are two levels of the department that have Anti Crime Units:

- the individual precincts ("# Crime" where # is the precinct), transit districts ("# Adam" where # is the transit district), and police service areas ("Housing Crime") and

- and the boroughs ("Boro Crime").

The citywide unit you recollect, the Street Crime Unit, no longer exists.

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.