Oceanport Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
yes, Police and EMS will be dispatched by County. Unofficial rumor is that the squad will be dispatched on EMS 1. Im hoping that the county takes over oceanport's frequencies and fire/ems/police/dpw/oem can share Oceanport's 3 frequencies but we should see what happens. My only concern with that is that I don't want them to hook up a t1 like like they did in Fair Haven and we have those issues that Fair Haven has. As I find out, I will let you know.

squad1321

yes, Police and EMS will be dispatched by County. Unofficial rumor is that the squad will be dispatched on EMS 1. Im hoping that the county takes over oceanport's frequencies and fire/ems/police/dpw/oem can share Oceanport's 3 frequencies but we should see what happens. My only concern with that is that I don't want them to hook up a t1 like like they did in Fair Haven and we have those issues that Fair Haven has. As I find out, I will let you know.

Yeah...the T1 (using VoIP), has been nothing but problems. Hoping next year with the new VHF system implementation, we come off our T1 "local".

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
The unofficial reason that Oceanport will be making the move is that West Long Branch isn't far behind and thats not from anybody in Oceanport.

From what I'm hearing, here's the deal. None of the Oceanport frequencies will be moved to county like Fair Haven did. Thats a good and bad thing.

EMS will be dispatched on EMS 1

Police will be switching to a county frequency. Nothing confirmed yet, but I would like to place a wager on the new 700 mhz trunking system. Im hoping they keep the vhf mobiles in their cars to communicate with the other agencies. We shall see.

Fire will remain the same. Hopefully, they will fix the officer tone.

Oceanport's frequencies (Oceanport local, PD and OEM) will remain as back ups and talkaround channels.

I would hope that they switch the siren system over so that it can be activated by the county. We shall see on that one too. Highly doubt it.

squad1321

I would hope that they switch the siren system over so that it can be activated by the county. We shall see on that one too. Highly doubt it.

Not sure what type of siren you use, but if it can be activated by either DTMF tones (like a Knox Box) or by standard two-tones (like a pager), County should be able to activate it. We use two different two-tone pages to activate our horns for Fire & EMS. Our decoder relay box was pretty cheap and can is fully programmable for both frequency and tones.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
It's not so much the hardware I'm worried about, it's the ******* ******* ******* council people that may not hook it back up. Oh small town politics.

mrminitor

I install all T1's in that area and dont remember any T1 for radio traffic in Fair Haven. Could it be a hidden microwave link or a virtual link that no one knows about.

I was not aware that EMS and Fire were on the 700. Can any one get on 700, I would love to be able to buy radios. Who would program them?

squad1321

I install all T1's in that area and dont remember any T1 for radio traffic in Fair Haven. Could it be a hidden microwave link or a virtual link that no one knows about.

I was not aware that EMS and Fire were on the 700. Can any one get on 700, I would love to be able to buy radios. Who would program them?

FHPD has been on a T1 line (Verizon) with Mon County for many years now! It was their link to the NJSP Data System. We then piggy-backed off it when dispatch went to County in 2010, so County could link to our radio & tower. It has been cut and gone down several times since, where Verizon had to come out and repair it.

Fire/EMS are NOT on the new 700 MHz trunk system...just Law and Parks. Fire/EMS are staying on VHF and receiving all new base radios, towers with microwave links by 2015.

mrminitor

Wow I had no idea that was happening. Who will be suppling all the base radios. Who is putting up all the towers and where. I am sorry but this is the first I am hearing that we will be getting all new radios. What about pagers? I have a minitor 2 that has been working all these years I hope I can still use it. Will it work with the new VHF system.

squad1321

Wow I had no idea that was happening. Who will be suppling all the base radios. Who is putting up all the towers and where. I am sorry but this is the first I am hearing that we will be getting all new radios. What about pagers? I have a minitor 2 that has been working all these years I hope I can still use it. Will it work with the new VHF system.

No need for new radios/pagers or reprogramming, as the system (for now) will use existing freqs. All new base radios will be norrowband compliant. Minitor V's are NB capable...earlier versions are not (though they will still work, but possibly not as clear and you may pick up splash from other close by freqs).

New towers are all up. Not sure if all new VHF base radios have been installed, and the microwave links are not yet functioning. They had a delay with the JCP&L tower (Matawan) and they were concentrating on getting the 700 system up first.

Microwave & Base Tower sites:
Kozloski Rd (Freehold Twp), JCP&L (Matawan), Union Ave (Hazlet), Telegraph Hill (Holmdel), DPW Dist 10 (Marlboro), Portland Rd (Highlands), Fort Monmouth, West Bangs Ave (Neptune), Hospital Rd (Allenwood), Schoolhouse Rd (Millstone), DPW Dist 7 (Upper Freehold).

Status
Not open for further replies.