Official BC246T Programming Software Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Ok, will try renaming it Conventional & see what happens :)

I'm using the DEMO, (have not updated to 1.42)
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Grrr. Tried to rename System database name from Fresno to Conventional, and still no luck. Get a X with red circle that tells me it can "only write to sytems named Conventional, MOT ...." the usual Demo warning.

In the Sytem Database, all the others have Conv MOT EDACS after them, but there is nothing after Fresno in the list.

I also got a warning the 246T's memory was being erased. I'm thinking of trying to see if I can delete the present Fresno Data file, and just start over again & see if I can do a bit better this time :)
==================
ONLY THING I could find (I have "Show all Files or Folders" in use) regarding setup in the BC245 Folder was a file reading:

[COM]
port=COM1
speed=57600

[DataBase]
usc_Path=C:\My Documents\UASD_DataBase\UASD_config\
usd_Path=C:\My Documents\UASD_DataBase\UASD_systems\

[Misc]
STS_timer=50
=====================================
While looking at the Program files, I noticed when I unzipped the program it looks as if it unzipped in 3 folders "BC_ZIP > BC246T_UAT > BCSS (this BCSS folder has some .dll files in it).

But there's another folder titled Uniden with a subfolder titled BC246T_UASD

I'm beginning to wonder, now that I noticed this multi-folder thing, if that IN ADDITION TO the naming problems I'm having, the split-up folders might be adding to the troubles ?
 

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jun 27, 2002
Messages
2,018
Reaction score
277
Unzipped the program? You did install the program, didn't you?
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
pro92b:
Unzipped the program? You did install the program, didn't you?

Of course. Program runs its own setup, you just click on a few things it requests you to to finish it. About two minutes to run setup and have the start screen come up.
 

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
usc_Path=C:\My Documents\UASD_DataBase\UASD_config\
usd_Path=C:\My Documents\UASD_DataBase\UASD_systems\

These are the directories that hold your configuration files and system files, respectively. Attach the configuration file you are trying to load (it will be in the first directory) and the system file (from the second directory) to this thread.

I'm going to eat dinner and relax, now. If no one has had a chance to help you out before I get to it, I'll try to give it a look tomorrow.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
*Slaps himself* I saw those two My Documents things, BUT thought they would be empty. :oops:
===============

Opened folders with Notepad, and here's Conventional.usc file:

// UASD 1/18/05 4:09:18 PM
MDL,N/A
VER,N/A
GeneralSearch,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON,OFF,OFF,OFF,100
CloseCall,OFF,ON,BEEP+LIGHT,ON,ON,ON,ON,ON
CustomSearchGroupStatus,OFF,OFF,OFF,OFF,OFF,OFF,OFF,OFF,OFF,OFF
CustomSearch," 1","Custom 1",00250000,00279950,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 2","Custom 2",00280000,00296800,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 3","Custom 3",00297000,00499900,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 4","Custom 4",00500000,00540000,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 5","Custom 5",01370000,01439875,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 6","Custom 6",01440000,01479950,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 7","Custom 7",04060000,04199875,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 8","Custom 8",04200000,04499875,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 9","Custom 9",04500000,04699875,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
CustomSearch," 0","Custom 10",08060000,09560000,0,AUTO,OFF,2,ON
WeatherPriority,OFF
WeatherSearch,1,"SAME 1",------,------,------,------,------,------,------,------
WeatherSearch,2,"SAME 2",------,------,------,------,------,------,------,------
WeatherSearch,3,"SAME 3",------,------,------,------,------,------,------,------
WeatherSearch,4,"SAME 4",------,------,------,------,------,------,------,------
WeatherSearch,5,"SAME 5",------,------,------,------,------,------,------,------
OpeningMessage,"BC246T Trunking ","Dynamic Scanning"
PriorityMode,"OFF"
Backlight,10
KeyBeep,ON
BatterySave,ON
SystemQuickKeys,1111111111
System,Fresno
===============================================
And Here's the Fresno.usd file (No Conv between Fresno and usd)) :


// UASD 1/18/05 4:08:49 PM
SystemCT,CNV,Fresno,1,5,UNLOCKED,,2,ON,Disabled
CGroup,Conventional,1,UNLOCKED
Channel,"Fresno Police 1",04600500,0,AUTO,C1365,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 2",04602750,0,AUTO,C1365,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 3",04603250,0,AUTO,C1365,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 4",04604000,0,AUTO,C1365,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 5 ",04604750,0,AUTO,C1365,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 6",04602500,0,AUTO,C1365,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 7",04604250,0,AUTO,NONE,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,Fresno8/Sh1/Clv2,04600250,0,AUTO,NONE,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 9",04603000,0,AUTO,NONE,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Fresno Police 10",04605000,0,AUTO,NONE,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Clovis Police 1",04601750,0,AUTO,C1148,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
Channel,"Clovis Police 5",04602250,0,AUTO,C1148,OFF,UNLOCKED,OFF,OFF,OFF
 

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
Well, this isn't exactly attaching the files, but I think I got it. You need to rename Fresno.usd (the System file) to Conventional.usd and change the reference in the configuration file to point to the renamed file.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
I couldn't get the files to attach because it wouldn't accept the extension.
Ok, I'll try that -- presume can do edit with Notepad as long as I resave file with original name?
 

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Apr 19, 2004
Messages
13,295
Reaction score
1,132
Location
Arlington, TX
Just do it from within the UASD. If you do decide to edit with Notepad (it is possible) be sure to make a safe copy first.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Ergh! Didn't know it could be done from program so was trying to use Notepad.

Apparently I did something *somewhere* -- but where. In the Database list of cities it says Fresno Conv now ... BUT when I try uploading it as Fresno, says it can't find System file conventional and when I rename Fresno to Conventional in the Scanner Configuration window the screen will come up showing all zero's in the box showing number of systems, number of groups, number of channels, and so on. Also says -- you guessed it -- the memory is being erased.
 

nexus

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
1,654
Reaction score
1
Location
Mississippi
I don't think you should of edited the file in notepad, because it probably saved it as an ascii file instead of binary and or the extention wasn't supported in notepad and thus screwed up the integrity.

Look why don't you post each frequency and alphatag id for each one in the order you want it in and I'll install the software on my computer and configure it for you, then I'll send it to you as an attachement on here and then all you will have to do is take the file and upload it with your copy of UASD.

okay?
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
If it did save in ascii :( I guess it messes the file up permanently, and best thing for me to do then would be to delete the program, redownload it, then start all over again....

I was also thinking of trying to delete the Fresno Conv file in the database and start fresh there.
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
CZ said:
If it did save in ascii :( I guess it messes the file up permanently, and best thing for me to do then would be to delete the program, redownload it, then start all over again....

I was also thinking of trying to delete the Fresno Conv file in the database and start fresh there.

You don't need to delete the PROGRAM!

But, at this point maybe it is best you start with a fresh file.

Create a new system called Conventional, then a new group, then new channels and edit them accordingly.

OR, COPY the fresno conv file to a file called Conventional and work from there. You can copy it within the UASD.

After you do that (either one) edit your config file and add the Conventional system to your configuration. (double-click the config file, click the systems tab when that window opens, click the conventional file on the right side, and click "add from database").

Joe M.
 

nexus

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
1,654
Reaction score
1
Location
Mississippi
I was saying the exact same thing but my browser crashed in the middle of the message and I lost it...

Just like Voyager said, DON'T delete your program. It's not the program you corrupted. It's the .usd file you tried to edit with notepad. Just move any .usd files out of your database folder and start a new one from scratch..

Remember... the system name must be called: Conventional

then when you're putting in a group name call it: Fresno

then when you're adding your channel names just type in the name for each agency and it's assigned frequency, and whatever other features you need for that channel, ie. pl codes, lock out or not, etc.

And then you'll upload the Conventional.usd file to your radio...

You need to go download the UASD Help file from the website if you haven't. It explains exactly how to use all of the features in the UASD. You can get it from here:

http://www.uniden.com/productsupport_downloads.cfm?product=BC246T
its called: BC246T_UASD_Help.chm

Sorry, I tried to install the UASD and for some reason it wouldn't install on my machine. So I won't be able to configure a usd file for you. Just do the above and you should be okay...
 

nexus

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
1,654
Reaction score
1
Location
Mississippi
UASD won't install???

Just for the sake of helping someone I went to download the UASD from the uniden support page, I unzipped all 5 files into a temp folder and ran the install.exe file from there. It brought up a small window called:

UASD Installer Ver. 1.00
Start Installation or Cancel

I clicked on Start Installation, and then the screen disappears and nothing else ever happens. I check my program files folder, no uniden related folders in there, no start items in programs, nothing. It appears that it didn't run the installation like it should of.

I do not own a BC-246t, I was just going to install the director to see how it functioned. Do I need a 246t connected prior to installation us UASD? I wouldn't think so but that's the only reason I can suspect why it wouldn't install..

I have a pretty advanced machine which more than exceeds the program's requirements. Running windows xp professional sp2.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
After a 30+ minute download with a 56K dial up, I unzipped the file & set it up ok, its just that I can't get the darn program to work, and if it saved in ascii my attempts to fix the problems, looks like another 30+ download. :(
Using 98SE (Ver. 4.10.222A with no updates).
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
Re: UASD won't install???

No, you don't need the scanner to run the UASD.

CZ, here are two files to get you started. The config file is called config. I added the frequencies you pasted earlier to the conventional.usd system database file.

Joe M.
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
Re: UASD won't install???

Voyager said:
No, you don't need the scanner to run the UASD.

CZ, here are two files to get you started. The config file is called config. I added the frequencies you pasted earlier to the conventional.usd system database file.

Joe M.

Uhhh... where are the files I attached? Let's try again...

OK. USD and USC are not allowed extensions. I'll have to zip them.

OK. No zip option on this PC. I'll UL them as TXT files. REname the config file to a .usc extention and the conventional to .usd.

Joe M.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Convential and Config..... Alright, I did a bit of looking around and refound the UASD_confg folder which has 2 components in it -- see .jpg
So the new Conventional text file will be downloaded to this folder -- just go ahead & rename the Conventional in it already as OdlConventional?
But does the other file (Config.txt) go in this folder too?
 

nexus

Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2002
Messages
1,654
Reaction score
1
Location
Mississippi
hmmm I didn't think so. Well something is interfering with my installation of the program. All I have running is my printer driver, and my keyboard driver. oh well...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top