Official BC246T Programming Software Help Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
CZ said:
Ok, I got it. Thought from way RolnCode3 put it, you held the Function key down till the 'F' appeared onscreen, then pushed the Hold key without having to hold both down at once.

Think I may have inadverntantly erased the Trunk & conventional frequencies that were preprogrammed in the 246T. Says to push the 9 key while scanning to get them, but all I get is 3 or 4 rapid beeps.
The UASD (Demo Version) program still shows them though.

If you DL'ed to your scanner with the demo, it will erase them.

Maybe you just changed the SQK from 9 to something (or nothing) else.

Joe M.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Hmmm.

Well, I've uploaded with the Demo twice - the first time back in January, and the time described on this page, sooo, chances are they're gone, and that's why I only have 3% memory usage figures with 51 channels & their tags loaded. :)

On the other hand its no great loss I suppose. Didn't hear anything on Trunking, and only some scratchy audio on 3 or 4 conventionals.

When I got the 246T I could scan the preloaded frequencies but no more. Been a while since I had done so, and was thinking I was using wrong keys or something is why it doesn't work now.
 

Voyager

Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2002
Messages
12,058
Reaction score
53
CZ said:
Hmmm.

Well, I've uploaded with the Demo twice - the first time back in January, and the time described on this page, sooo, chances are they're gone, and that's why I only have 3% memory usage figures with 51 channels & their tags loaded. :)

On the other hand its no great loss I suppose. Didn't hear anything on Trunking, and only some scratchy audio on 3 or 4 conventionals.

When I got the 246T I could scan the preloaded frequencies but no more. Been a while since I had done so, and was thinking I was using wrong keys or something is why it doesn't work now.

If you register your UASD, you will be able to reload them along with your current channels. Although you may only want to load the systems you want to hear. You won't hear NY if you're in FL.

Joe M.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
What i was thinking was there might be trunking use on some of the included channels in this area, but never did hear anything.
 

CZ

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2003
Messages
521
Reaction score
0
Location
California
Thought I would bump this up to the top again. Any thoughts on making it a sticky :?: :?:
Page 3 I believe, (I didn't go thru complete thread) also has pictures / text on setting up groups that really helped me.
 

59258

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Atikokan, Ontario
BC246 Scanning Question

Hi...... I have programmed my scanner using the ARC 246, I have zone 4 fleetnet MOH in my sytem, I can hear the Ambulance when they are on a call, howerever I am trying to locate the other ID's for the other groups on the systme and I have failed to do...how does one search the other groups??

Thanks,

Glenn
 

n2mdk

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
Location
Ames, IA
While the radio is scanning hit the Scan button, ID Search will appear on the scrolling line. Any other active TGIDs will get picked up just hit the E/Yes button to srote them.
 

59258

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Atikokan, Ontario
Search ID's

Thanks, Jerri, I have tried search and scan, what I am missing is a frequency or something!!! I have entered the red control channels from the ref. and programmed the local ambulance Group ID. I have been next to the radio as it listens to the entire area...but my scanner will not, and only does so when the local ambulance is tunned in by dispatch. Am I missing a repeater freq, or control channel...thanks
Glenn
 

n2mdk

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
Location
Ames, IA
All you need is the one control channel programmed, you also need the base offset and spacing for it to trunk. As long as you hear the Control Channel noise and the radio set for CC only and everything else in it should trunk. The site your listening to might only carry the ambulance TGIDs. Each of the sites control channels really needs to be in it's own system, unless all you can hear is the site closest to you.
 

59258

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Atikokan, Ontario
Control Channel

Hi...so if I am understanding you correctly, if there is more than one control channel I am required to make a trunked system for each of the control channels?

Glenn
 

n2mdk

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
Location
Ames, IA
Your supposed to, yes. The radio will lock onto the first control channel it hears and stay there. If you put the other frequencies in and if the radio can't actually hear them, then it's OK to have them in there. If you travel away from your site and into an area where it can only then hear that one CC it should actually be OK to have the others in the same system. You need to see how many CC the radio can hear from your location
 

59258

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Atikokan, Ontario
Great!!

Hi Jerri.....now that makes better sense.....I have put nine control channels into the one trunk, I should make 9 trunks and see what happens!

Glenn
 

n2mdk

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
Location
Ames, IA
What I would do is manually step through all the frequencies and see how many of them pick up the sound of the control channel. Any ones you hear put into seperate systems. There is no sense in programming them in unless you can hear them. If you travel around the area a lot then it makes sense to program them in as well.
 

59258

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Atikokan, Ontario
Acr 246

Hey Jerri... Ijust did that I picked up the following cc... I beleive a control channel is a channel that when scaned conventionally it stops on that channel and there is either a hissing sound or some other type sound. I just scanned these freqs for northwestern ONT.
cc
137.0900
142.5100
142.5150
143.1350
143.3600
137.0850
144.0150
146.5850
147.1700
146.5800
150.0000
150.6000
151.2000
153.2150
155.2350
156.0000
159.9950
161.2800
170.0000
172.0300

I entered every channel separately into a separate trunk system using the same talk groups... is this correct? Now is I search each system I should pick up talk groups using that system correct?

Thanks,

Glenn
 

59258

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Atikokan, Ontario
Cc

Ok..so some of the channels I have on are just nothing...I will go through them again to see what I can hear.

Thanks

Glenn
 

n2mdk

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
Location
Ames, IA
If you don't hear the control channel noise or voice then I would say yes it's just picking up interference or the squelch is open too much.
 

59258

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jan 10, 2008
Messages
35
Reaction score
0
Location
Atikokan, Ontario
Oh oh!!

Hi ...well I have snnbed through the freqs and I have heard no sounds like a boat motor running.... which means what?? I have heard the ambulance on the PTT at 138.960 I have heard the portable at another freq of 413. Is it possible to use two different freqs such as VHF and UHF in the same trunk? Is it possible that it is digital and the scanner cannot hear it?

Thanks,

Glenn
 

n2mdk

Member
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
2,450
Reaction score
4
Location
Ames, IA
It means that you not picking up the control channel. I don't have any idea what your hearing elsewhere, so your best bet is to ask on the Eastern Canada Regional forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top