Ohio County pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

HWG

I'm sure there is a reason for this but I have not been able to find it by searching.

On County pages, why are some services listed on the main page while others are under Other Agencies and are listed on different pages.

I do a lot of scanner searching for frequencies instead of downloading from the database and it would be easier to find if a frequency has already been posted for the County if they were all listed on the County's main page. Then a simple Ctrl+F could be used. With them on separate pages, the find must be done on each page. Just wondering the reason for the different pages. Thanks.
county.PNG

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
I'm sure there is a reason for this but I have not been able to find it by searching.

On County pages, why are some services listed on the main page while others are under Other Agencies and are listed on different pages.

I do a lot of scanner searching for frequencies instead of downloading from the database and it would be easier to find if a frequency has already been posted for the County if they were all listed on the County's main page. Then a simple Ctrl+F could be used. With them on separate pages, the find must be done on each page. Just wondering the reason for the different pages. Thanks.

We use separate listings like that to keep the county pages of a reasonable size; if we included everything such as airports, shopping malls and other business listings, ham radio frequencies and so on, the County page would rapidly become so huge as to be unviewable. Ctrl+F is actually a great way to search, but many of our users don't know that feature and instead scroll up and down the page looking for things; having specific pages for specific functions makes them easier to look through.

In addition, Government and Public Safety Services are overwhelmingly more popular things for people to monitor, so having that information front and center on the main county page simplifies the search for the large majority of people.

west-pac

If you know the frequency, and you're looking for the county it belongs to; go to the Database homepage, scroll to the bottom, and use to search functions.

From there, searching in your state, you'll get a list of licenses for that frequency from the counties within your state. From that list of licenses you can click on a license in your area, which will bring up another RR page with the license information; and from there you can click on the county name and it'll take you to the RRDB county homepage where you can see if the frequency has been submitted and any additional description or tag information for that frequency.

The process sounds a little complicated, but once you get the hang of it you can go from: unknown frequency, to the correct county homepage in a few clicks. It sure beats clicking on a bunch of individual counties, using Ctrl+F, typing in the frequency.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-064033_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210328-064033_Chrome.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.