Ohio Members county list

mm68gto

Feed Provider
A couple of suggestions for monitoring Summit County:

1. Make sure you're monitoring the Summit County tower only; it's possible your scanner is staying on the Stark County tower.
2. Make sure all of the desired service tags (Law Dispatch, Fire Dispatch, etc) are enabled.

I recommend setting up a separate favorite list for each county you want to monitor (one for Summit County, another for Stark County, etc). This way you can easily turn on/off any county you don't wish to listen to.

There is a dedicated thread for Summit County where you should be able to get detailed assistance from other folks who live in the area and may have had the same issues you're having.

https://forums.radioreference.com/threads/summit-county-800-system.256501/

Thanks for the reply

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi Ohio Folks.

This is a call-for-help. AEP (American Electric Power) is building out a new P25 system to replace their existing EDACS system. P25 sites are coming online all over Ohio. In the end, this system will cover parts of 7-8 states.

If you have the means to scope out 850-860 mhz and have the ability to run DSDPlus (or Unitrunker), please consider visiting the following forum and jumping in to help see if any sites in your area are online. NOTE: AEP doesn't cover all of Ohio, so this post is not relevant to 100% of Ohioans.

Thanks,

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If you have a Gmail account, you can access the following Google Map that is regularly updated. You'll have to request access. The map is not open-access because Google charges for excessive views, and I don't feel like paying. So I restrict the map.

See the Google Map for all AEP 800 mhz trunked licenses. (requires you to have a Gmail account and request access)

See the RadioReference Wiki to see a list of sites confirmed online vs sites likely online (but not confirmed).

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
IF there is anyone in the Reno / East Marietta Ohio area or Waverly / Willow Island WV area with a P25 scanner, or DSDPlus, or Unitrunker, please check into the AEP P25 thread here -- American Electric Power P25 WACN 92715 -- if you are willing to help gather some information about AEP P25 Site 73.73 ( control channel 854.7875 ).

Thanks

Mike

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If you live in one of the following counties and either have a P25 scanner (or even better, use DSDplus or Unitrunker) and are willing/able to do some local sleuthing to see if some new P25 sites are online in your area, I am looking for some help in identifying some new American Electric Power P25 sites (or looking for updates to AEP P25 sites already known to be online) in these areas.

If you live in one of these areas and are willing and able to help out, please check-in on the following thread:

If you are able to help and you check-in on the above thread, you can reach out to me for particulars on exactly what site locations we are looking for data from as well as potential frequencies those sites may be using.

Locations we need some assistance with:

Northern / NW Ohio
------------------
Hancock
Hardin
Knox
Richland
Sandusky
Seneca

Southern Ohio
-------------
Adams
Athens
Gallia
Highland
Jackson
Lawrence
Meigs
Morgan
Perry
Pike
Toss
Scioto
Vinton
Washington

Thanks

Mike

NikonFE2

Hey all,

Jackson County, Ohio

Monitor the most from Jackson, Vinton, Gallia, Ross, Pike, Athens, and Hocking counties and also lots of civil and military aircraft.
Did you find the aircraft frequencies by scanning, or is there a list somewhere? I'm just getting back into scanning after being out for years. I just got a SDS100. I'm in Athens County.

Jphila20

Retired LE. Honor our Fallen.
Premium Subscriber
April 12, 2020 Plain Dealer
LORAIN COUNTY: Five of the county's fire departments are considering upgrades to their collaborative radio communication systems, the Morning Journal reports. The plan would include the fire departments in Avon, Avon Lake, Sheffield, Sheffield Lake and North Ridgeville. Upgrading the hardware would cost an estimated $776,000. The action would improve communication between the departments with a new two-repeater system, with one located in Avon and the other in Avon Lake. The departments are seeking a $1 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to replace all of the radios for each community.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
April 12, 2020 Plain Dealer
LORAIN COUNTY: Five of the county's fire departments are considering upgrades to their collaborative radio communication systems, the Morning Journal reports. The plan would include the fire departments in Avon, Avon Lake, Sheffield, Sheffield Lake and North Ridgeville. Upgrading the hardware would cost an estimated $776,000. The action would improve communication between the departments with a new two-repeater system, with one located in Avon and the other in Avon Lake. The departments are seeking a $1 million grant from the Federal Emergency Management Agency to replace all of the radios for each community.

Even though they talk in such simplistic termas as "a new two-repeater system", I'm betting it is more elaborate than that.

Mike

JohnMHeisler

Premium Subscriber
I live in Goshen, Ohio 45122

Ohio Counties:

Clermont is primary
Butler since I am a police officer in Oxford Township
Warren County retired police chief in Warren County
Adams
Brown
Clinton
Greene
Highland

Kentucky Counties:

Boone
Campbell
Kenton

When conditions are right: Adams, Brown, Fayette, Highland in Ohio which also broadcast on Clermont County frequencies

Scanner Equipment:
Uniden SDS200,
Uniden BCD536HP that is in my Crown Vic
Uniden BCD396XT (Handheld)
Radio Shack PRO-197

NowhereMan66

Premium Subscriber
Jefferson County here, I monitor Jefferson and Belmont Counties in Ohio and Brooke, Hancock, Marshall and Ohio in WV. I'm originally from the Pittsburgh area.

DE KA3WRW

mdarby1

Premium Subscriber
Franklin/Licking County border here (New Albany). Browsing the forum tonight, you've all made me upgrade my BCD536HP to an SDS200. Thanks a lot.

I normally monitor MARCS or the cab companies downtown on 452.x. They're hilarious.

GregOH

In Tuscarawas county and heard some OSP dispatch and Ops on 465.525 with my PRO-135 this morning which is weird because I haven't gotten any OSP with this radio before.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
In Tuscarawas county and heard some OSP dispatch and Ops on 465.525 with my PRO-135 this morning which is weird because I haven't gotten any OSP with this radio before.

THis is not the right thread for this, but I'll respond. If you require further dialog about it, please open anohter thread or, better yet, post in the MARCS thread.

See the reference to the MRE (mobile extenders). That is what you heard.

M

BushDoctor

royalzapper

reside in
"North College Hill"

monitor the most
"Hamilton County TRS"
"Cincinnati TRS"
"State of Ohio MARCS"

Billy Zapf
Billy I live in Virginia and I am 82 years old. When i was 11 or 12 years old I starting listening to the Cincinnati Police every night just above the broadcast band on my dads AM radio. It was an RCA with shortwave bands I had an antenna run to a pine tree in our back yard. I rode my bicycle to a local gas station a mile away to get a free Ohio map so I could follow the calls I heard. That was my first introduction to listening to police calls from there i went to Capitol Radio Engineering Institute after high school then into the air force as a radar tech for 4 years then to Motorola working on police fire and federal govt systems and am retired now what a wonderful life all from listening to Cincinnati PD which introduced me into the world of 2 way radios. I worked on GE radios part time while in the Air Force first at a time when they were trying to catch up with Motorola motracs and they were so bad like the TPL(we called them toilet paper line) and Voice commander portables they should have stayed with their tube progress lines till they had time to design great solid state equipment. Working on GE equipment first made me an excellent Motorola technician. In 1958 I got a CB license 4W0693 and in 1969 my first ham license Wb4igu.

Last edited:

earthquake_74

Hi, first post. Don't know diddley squat.... studying for Technician exam still. Delaware county. Grabbed a few uv-5r's off Amazon last year before I even knew what they were.... oops!
New next door neighbor is a HAM and gave me his old ARRL license manual, so I'm working through it. It's from 2006 though. Glad to be here, excited to learn!