Ohio Online Scanner Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonk

Feed Provider
As soon as we can identify a feed Host. It sounds like there might be some Great Listening on the new System .... If anyone would be willing to plug their Scanner into their computer and share with all of us just let us know ....It is simple to set up.

Jason

digitalanalog

Looking for someone to stream Columbiana County Sheriff.
Now digital.

Big tactical deal just happened in East liverpool
and only herd what Liverpool had on dispatch (not much).

Really need the Columbiana County SO stream.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
What sucks is the absurd number of sites that would need to be monitored in order to effectively cover Columbiana Co SO...

228 East Liverpool
229 Lisbon
230 East Palestine
231 Salem (Mahoning) - possibly
459 Stratton (Jefferson) - possibly
461 Dellroy (Carroll) - possibly

I hear Columbiana SO a lot, on the East Liverpool site. But that leads me to wonder how much more I'd hear them if I were monitoring all of the sites listed above. As it stands now, I monitor 5 Jefferson Co sites and East Liverpool.

So I could potentially do it once I get my attic antenna up (which I'm currently working on). I simply cannot listen to either E Palestine or Lisbon, I forget which, because the control channel of that particular site is interfered with by a stronger data signal nearby from some other MARCS site which isn't an actual control channel or voice data.

So even if I were to attempt to, it would only be partial coverage.

Mike

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
I am not sure what is so absurb about marcs covering Columbiana County with so many sites. As long as you can hear one Columbiana County site out of the several, you will be able to monitor all communications from Columbiana SO. MARCS is a multi-site system, so as long as one radio has recently affiliated with that site you will be able to monitor Columbiana SO with no problem. I drove through Columbiana County once, and the OSP 15 main talkgroup could be monitored with no problem on Salem, Lisbon, E Palestine, and E Liverpool sites. OSP 15 could even be frequently monitored as far north as the Youngstown-Campbell site.

Message me off-list if you have questions...jmsanders83@gmail.com

Josh

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I am not sure what is so absurb about marcs covering Columbiana County with so many sites. As long as you can hear one Columbiana County site out of the several, you will be able to monitor all communications from Columbiana SO. MARCS is a multi-site system, so as long as one radio has recently affiliated with that site you will be able to monitor Columbiana SO with no problem. I drove through Columbiana County once, and the OSP 15 main talkgroup could be monitored with no problem on Salem, Lisbon, E Palestine, and E Liverpool sites. OSP 15 could even be frequently monitored as far north as the Youngstown-Campbell site.

Message me off-list if you have questions...jmsanders83@gmail.com

Josh

That is only correct if a unit is affiliated with each tower in Columbiana Co on that particular talkgroup - I think it rarely happens that there is a different unit of COlumbiana Co SO affiliated with a different tower in the area - it could happen, but it's not routine. Yes, they are multisite - but no they are not simulcast. The only way you'd hear _all_ SO traffic by listening to a single site is if the Columbiana County sites were simulcast _or_ all of the active radios for the talkgroup you are listening to are affiliated with the one tower that you are listening to. If you have 10 OSP units sitting in a McDonalds in Salem, you won't be hearing them on the East Liverpool tower _unless_ there is a radio currently affiliated with the East Liverpool site on that talkgroup.

Some people want to know beforehand what they can expect if they want to try, and I am just letting them know that they'd have to cover a number of sites. I'm also letting them know why my coverage of the East Liverpool tower won't give adequate coverage of Columbiana Co SO. I see a lot of people provide a feed for a county and then tear it down within a week because it isn't as effective as they like, isn't listened to as much as they would like, or is too much of a burden to provide good coverage of that agency.

I didn't say it was absurd to try and cover it - I said it was absurd the # of sites you need to put in if you want to provide full coverage. I'm not against the absurd. After all, I cover MARCS Jefferson Co (that's 5 sites in the County + East Liverpool + one or two others at times).

Mike

Last edited:

digitalanalog

Streaming on my website

Can anyone help me get a live stream on scannerantennasource.com website?

My options are
Flash
Music (mp3)
Rss Feed
Script

Any help would be greatful

I would like to have the live stream playing in the background on the site.
Thanks
Jim

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin

Is the stream that you want on your site already being streamed somewhere else (like scanamerica)?

If so, I can help you - assuming you don't mind something halfassed like what I have at http://www.ovscan.com. The embedded jazz I have there acts differently depending on the browser - works fine in IE, but in Firefox people have eto have a plugin in order to play it. That may not be what you want.

Mike

digitalanalog

I know when i was streaming before and then dropped that i took some hashing because of it.
(look around in this forum, you will find it).

So , i understand that those who can help would be less then willing to help because i dropped the ball before on scanamaerica.

That's o.k.

I will look around and do more homework (on hosting/streaming sites) and figure it out for myself.
Hell maybe i'll just start my own stream hosting site, can't be that bad.....:)

Bitter?.....Yeah a little bit..................
loosing sleep over it.......Nope.....:)

Think it better to just fade into the night.................

Last edited:

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Yeah you are bitter - but don't be bitter at Gordon - be bitter at the yahoo(s) who were giving you **** because of your stream.

Sure, you could stream it yourself, but typically you've got to stream it somewhere before you can put it on your site. Or if you have a static IP address on your home connection (or a dynamic and use something like dyndns.org to map a static hostname to it) you could then set up your own shoutcast/edcast/icecast or whatever and then pull then reference that audio on your website.

Start another streaming place? Won't be successful - don't bother. There are enough around, and one that does it better than the rest (SA). If you can't/won't stream to SA then you do have the alternative of doing it yourself and putting it on your webpage. But why make everyone suffer for one person's (or a few people's) idiocy?

At any rate, I'm not going to preach - I understand how you can become disgruntled. I've seen others become disgruntled because somebody wasn't happy with the feed they provided. Just get over it and don't pay attention to the idiots. And if you choose to use some other method besides a stream to scanamerica, more power to you and I wish you well - and I'd help you get a streaming feed going for you to embed on your website regardless, as long as you were using software I'm familiar with.

Mike

jasonk

Feed Provider
Digitalanalog

I am not sure what the beef is ....I remember you had sent me an e-mail that said you were pulling your feed down because of some forum posts at RR ....I went to the forums and didn't understand what you were referencing. I wasn't aware that this was still an issue ....If you enjoy providing the feed, Scan America is the perfect opportunity. Gordon asks for nothing in return, and alot of folks get to enjoy your contribution. If someone wants to ***** about it just ignore them. Life is too Short ..... Get your Feed Back Online so we can enjoy it ....and then your problem will be solved with the other site ....

Hapopy New Year To All !!!

Jason

jasonk

Feed Provider
New Feed Added - Marcs and Other Stuff

Hey everyone ....I have added a new feed to the line up. It is primarily Greene County Law Enforcement. It also includes Warren County PD, Miami County PD, Clinton County EDACS, and all MARCS OSP Traffic that I can pick up from Fairborn, Ohio. Listen in and let me know what you are hearing .....This is streamed from my nerw Pro 106.

Thanks and Happy New Year !!

Jason

digitalanalog

Columbiana County Stream is up and running:

Leetonia PD (39.400) (LV units) (main dispatch)

Leetonia PD (151.265 ) (station 18)(high band)

Columbiana PD&EMS (151.265) (station 22)

East Palestine PD (151.265) (station 24)(OV Units)

New Waterford PD (151.265)(NV units) (dispatched by station 24/East Palestine)

Salem PD (155.610) (station 748)

Sebring PD (155.610) (Headquarters)

East Liverpool PD (154.785) (station 949)

St.Clair PD (154.785) (st.claire units)

Lisbon PD (158.8575) (station 549)

digitalanalog

Columbiana County Fire Stream is back up and running after a long down time

Columbiana County Departments being covered by this stream.

Station Number and Location
1-5 East Liverpool City
6 - Wellsville
7 & 8 - East Liverpool Township
9 - Glenmoore
10 - Calcutta
11 - Negley
12 - Rogers
13 - Salineville
14 - Highlandtown
15 - West Point
16 - Salem
17 - Perry Township
18 - Leetonia
20 - Winona
22 - Columbiana
23 - Fairfield Township
24 - East Palestine
25 - New Waterford
26 - Unity
27 - Lisbon
28 - Hanoverton
29 - Guilford Lake
30 - Homeworth
31 - North Georgetown
32 - Summitville
33 - Irondale
38 - Fox Township

K8JSM

I am a college student, so I monitor many counties and agencies on a regular basis.

While at college (West Liberty, WV), I monitor Belmont County, OH. When I am at home (Coshocton, OH), I monitor Coshocton County, OH. I noticed these are both not on the list, but I don't think I can provide a perma-stream for them. I MIGHT be able to setup a dedicated Coshocton scanner, since they use all analogue, non-trunking frequencies.

I appreciate the site, I am now a listener to some counties within my proximity! I have a Pro96 that I monitor with, so I couldn't use that as a perma-stream device--it goes with me everywhere! I monitor Ohio County, Marshall County, and Brooke County, WV. That includes Wheeling PD!

I'll keep monitoring this thread and do what I can--college makes you BROKE!!

:)
Sean

Status
Not open for further replies.