Ohio Online Scanner Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
I provide a feed for Jefferson County (no major metropolitan areas in Jefferson Co). I'd also like to provide a MARCS feed... but I find myself in a quandry.

If I feed to a Teamspeak, then potential listeners would have to install Teamspeak in order to listen. I've encouraged local area frequenters of my feed to do that in the past, and they have. But I must admit, having it available by clicking on a web browser link and having it open WMP (or some other audio player... everybody has one) is very convenient.

When I give the option to listeners of Teamspeak and ScanMiamiValley, they pick SMV 9 out of 10 times.

The problem arises in providing multiple feeds. Obviously listeners in my county may want to hear it all - They can't do that with two separate feeds to SMV. they have to listen to one or the other.

Am I missing something? Is there a way around this? I do simultaneously feed our county TRS to both Teamspeak and SMV and could do the same with the MARCs feed, and I probably will. But if everybody is using the SMV feed because it is convenient, they won't be able to monitor everything.

Also, for me - providing a MARCS feed means that I have to scan 7-8 sites in order to cover the county happenings - and to add insult to injury, there is less traffic on all of the MARCS sites I monitored combined than there is on the single MARCS feed that Jeff provides for Toledo area. Just not much happening here. Of course when it does happen, people wanna hear it.

So, is there any way to provide multiple feeds and have users be able to monitor them simultaneously?

Mike

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
mtindor said:
So, is there any way to provide multiple feeds and have users be able to monitor them simultaneously?
An easy way for SMV users to listen to more than feed would be for them to open up one feed in Windows Media Player (the default player), then change the selected player to "Web Player", and then click on another they want to listen to. The second feed will be opened in a Flash player that will run in a separate browser window.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
scangwinnett said:
An easy way for SMV users to listen to more than feed would be for them to open up one feed in Windows Media Player (the default player), then change the selected player to "Web Player", and then click on another they want to listen to. The second feed will be opened in a Flash player that will run in a separate browser window.

Thanks. I'll have to get with you about getting what is needed for the additional feed. Will send you an email (I'm assuming you're Gordon heh).

Mike

jasonk

Feed Provider
Listen to Multiple Feeds

Hey there Online Scanner Listeners. Alot of people don't realize how to listen to multiple feeds at Scan MiamiValley. If you look just below the actual feed area you will see a link to Click here to select your player. This gives you 5 options. You can actually listen to 5 Feeds at Once ..... Not that I have ever done this (grin) ......So make sure you have Media Player, Winamp, Itunes, and Real Player installed and enjoy.

Also - the Northwest Ohio Feed and the SW Cuyahoga County Feed both Stream Alpha tags. Make sure you use Winamp or Realplayer to listen to these. The actual Talkgroup description will appear in the player when the radio has traffic. Makes it nice to follow a particular incident.

Happy Listening !!

Jason

jpryor

jasonk said:
Hey there Online Scanner Listeners. Alot of people don't realize how to listen to multiple feeds at Scan MiamiValley. If you look just below the actual feed area you will see a link to Click here to select your player. This gives you 5 options. You can actually listen to 5 Feeds at Once ..... Not that I have ever done this (grin) ......So make sure you have Media Player, Winamp, Itunes, and Real Player installed and enjoy.

Or embed as many Media Player objects as needed into an HTML page to get the job done.

Also - the Northwest Ohio Feed and the SW Cuyahoga County Feed both Stream Alpha tags. Make sure you use Winamp or Realplayer to listen to these. The actual Talkgroup description will appear in the player when the radio has traffic. Makes it nice to follow a particular incident.

Just the NW Ohio Analog Fire & EMS feed provides alpha tags at this time. I'm working on getting the Toledo/Lucas Fire digital feed up with alpha tags as well now that I've moved it to the newer radio.

jasonk

Feed Provider
New Feeds Added

Hey there - We now have Live Delaware County Fire/EMS streaming ......

Also - Akron Police is back in Action

We have added Richland County and Knox County recently ........

We have coverage in 54 of the 88 Counties in Ohio. It would be awesome to get every county covered ......If you are in one of the Non Covered areas, please consider putting that old scanner to use. It really takes no resources from your Computer.

We really need a Stark County Feed , Ashtabula County , Lake County

We will soon need a replacement for the Cuyahoga, Medina Feed

If anyone wants to Stream any MARCS Traffic ......We'll take that also.

Please stop by if you haven't visited lately. Today at our oeak we had 134 listeners at once.

http://www.scanmiamivalley.com

Thanks

Jason

mbruning81

Feed Provider
I'm a news reporter new to the whole scanner thing. We have them in the newsroom, but I didn't program them. I just bought a Radioshack PRO-528 and was hoping to monitor OSP with it. I also need all of Columbus and surrounding counties. I bought the ARC433 program from Butel. I live in Ross County, so I've already plugged them into the scanner, but I'm not sure how to go about adding OSP and Pickaway County's 800 MHz stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

hoser147

mbruning81, unfortunatly the 528 wont get the MARCs system that OSP uses you need a digital scanner to monitor them. Im not sure what 800 system Pickaway uses I will take a look and get back with ya..........Hoser

mbruning81

Feed Provider
So it looks like I may have bought the wrong scanner then huh? I guess I can always take it back since I bought it yesterday. Thanks for the info though.

digitalanalog

digitalanalog said:
Thanks Gordon for the setup info, everything went very very easy.

Now streaming Columbiana County

Some of the stuff scanning.

Columbiana PD,Fire,EMS
Columbiana County Sheriff
New Waterford PD
East Palestine PD
Salem PD,Fire
St.Claire Township PD
Perry Township PD
Sebring PD
East Liverpool PD
Wellsville PD
Lisbon PD
Salinesville PD
Leetonia PD,Fire
and more to be programmed.................

running 24 / 7

Enjoy...........

Now back up and running.

Columbiana County Sheriff @ 39.640
Columbiana County Fire @ 154.070

The other listen above are no longer scanning.
If anyone is interested in anything listed above i will add it to the stream.

This one is for Jason
Not showing up on Scanmiamivalley
but is showing up and the patch is working on icecast.

I figured you might have to re add it or something.

Also, i am getting an intermittent cutout on my feed, not sure
why if anyone knows and could shed some light.

Also, if some one could check the audio level for more me
i would appreciate it.

Link to listen---> http://icecast.scangeorgia.com/columbiana.m3u

Thanks.

Last edited:

jasonk

Feed Provider
I'll forward to Gordon to make sure we get the Feed Back up on Scan MiamiValley ....

Thanks

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.