OKC OKWIN problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhatsnOKC

Premium Subscriber
What's happening with the OKC OKWIN system tonight (2/18/14)? Anyone have any inside information? Midwest City and Midwest City EMS are having problems, OKC PD Santa Fe, Hefner and Will Rogers links are down.

ZGX

As usual... Motorola was working on the system, or upgrading it, in Tulsa. As a result there were a ton of issues, with some radios working fulling, others intermittently, and others not at all. I guess they reversed the upgrade to fix the issue. Then a part broke. So now Motorola has a rep with a replacement part flying into Tulsa overnight to try and fix the system.

It seems like every time work is done by Motorola, our radios go to crap. I know it's not often, but it'd be easy for someone to get hurt during one of these outages and be unable to talk to anyone and request help.

plaws

Premium Subscriber
It seems like every time work is done by Motorola, our radios go to crap.

Crap? The analog audio is clear and always understandable. In Norman, the state-of-the-art-in-1970 tone encoding for the firehouses is broken, so that delay is eliminated (especially while dispatching multiple stations).

No, I'd say it was an improvement!! :lol:

ZGX

Crap? The analog audio is clear and always understandable. In Norman, the state-of-the-art-in-1970 tone encoding for the firehouses is broken, so that delay is eliminated (especially while dispatching multiple stations).

No, I'd say it was an improvement!! :lol:

Crap as in can't talk to dispatch or anyone else until the fix is identified and corrected. We've gone 45 mins without any comms in the past during maintenance.

peterjmag

Yeah I'm hearing Telecom traffic on TGs 36688 and 39568 analog. Sounds like Tulsa is talking to a tech in Norman. This TG should be heard system wide so plug it in if you want to monitor their activities.

peterjmag

Just heard State EOC on SEMA-3 42896 saying the issues are resolved and everything is back to normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.