Oklahoma Highway Patrol Dispatch Troops B C L

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkatzjr45

Emeritus Member
Premium Subscriber
This may have been discussed, but I have noticed that it appears that these troops are all
being dispatched out of Tulsa.

Also, I have a question: I know that X-ray units are “highway units” and the most common
communication is heard on the primary dispatch channel for these troops...But do they ever
communicate on other channels, as I very rarely hear them on anything but primary dispatch.

Thanks

KOK5CY

I can answer 2 of those ?s . Xray units are primarly the turn pike. L units patrol the regular highways

They occasionally do use low band but not often . mainly use trunked to communicate with each other or they text for like where to meet up for lunch .

OK956

This may have been discussed, but I have noticed that it appears that these troops are all
being dispatched out of Tulsa.

Also, I have a question: I know that X-ray units are “highway units” and the most common
communication is heard on the primary dispatch channel for these troops...But do they ever
communicate on other channels, as I very rarely hear them on anything but primary dispatch.

Thanks

Yes. Xray units are turnpike. As far as car to car radio traffic. A lot of them communicate using software called MobileCop which actually links many municipal and county agencies. Kind of a big chatroom per se.

They use the software to run tags, licenses, enter traffic stops etc as to not tie up the main channels. Also allows other officers from other agencies nearby to see if another officer may need assistance rather than waiting on the lag time of it getting transferred from one dispatch center to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.