Once again problem with audio3

Status
Not open for further replies.

miccona

My feed is down again............but yet my feed on audio9 is fine as it always is i really wish my feed could get moved over to audio9 this is an everyday occurrence with audio3 server perhaps an ADMIN could share light to why EVERYONE is having issues

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
My feed is down again............but yet my feed on audio9 is fine as it always is i really wish my feed could get moved over to audio9 this is an everyday occurrence with audio3 server perhaps an ADMIN could share light to why EVERYONE is having issues

Looking at my RadioFeed status log it shows it is loosing connection with the server quite often as well. Quickly connects again with no issues.

johnmac

Feed Provider
I am also having a constant problem with my 3 feeds for the past 2 days. Connection does not last for very long. I believe I am using audio 1 & 3.

Also, my home page does not open with my preferences.

miccona

well since being switched to server 9 ive had not one issue

I am also having a constant problem with my 3 feeds for the past 2 days. Connection does not last for very long. I believe I am using audio 1 & 3.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
The problem is most likely somewhere between your computer and your ISP based on the fact that you're having problems with all three of your feeds, 2 of which are on audio1 and 1 on audio3. The feed I provide is relayed by audio1 and has had no connectivity issues.

miccona

Gordon maybe my good luck is just a coincidence but my feed on server 9 has always been strong and now my 2nd feed is going strong with no timeouts so far.

The problem is most likely somewhere between your computer and your ISP based on the fact that you're having problems with all three of your feeds, 2 of which are on audio1 and 1 on audio3. The feed I provide is relayed by audio1 and has had no connectivity issues.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
My feed went down again today. This is the 2nd time in 48 hours. Audio 3 server problems do not seem to be fixed yet.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We had an outage on audio3 on 2/6 at 9:00 PM CST, and this morning we rebooted all the audio servers to implement some maintenance.

Other than that - we haven't had any other problems or outages on audio3.

Additionally, I have over 5 feeds hosted on audio3 that are broadcasting from 2 separate locations, and I've not experienced a single problem with disconnects or connection problems.

There are a lot of factors in play for real-time audio streaming, and almost 90% of the time the issue is with the "last mile" connectivity.

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
But, if the app you're using says "unable to connect to audio server"...

My feed has been returning that message to two separate apps all day today. It is on audio3.

Randy

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
But, if the app you're using says "unable to connect to audio server"...

My feed has been returning that message to two separate apps all day today. It is on audio3.
When people connect to your feed they're not connected to audio3, they're connected to relay.broadcastify.com and then forwarded to a random server that we used to relay audio to listeners (audio1, 3, and 9 are used only to receive audio).

Also, my feed has been stable after I moved it to audio3 (except for a power outage at my house).

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
But if my scancast is running, and not reorting errors, and the message from the app is cannot connect to audio server, wouldnt the problem be on the server side? it doesn't say this feed is down, it says it cant connect to the audio server. Just trying to understand and get my feed back working.

GordonE

Live Audio Administrator
Feed Provider
When you get the error from the app, check to see if you can listen to the feed via the Broadcastify.com web site using your computer.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
GordonE I've been getting the same from Scanner Radio for the past two days.

Works on Wifi, not normal data.

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Also I am on audio3. I don't see the disconnects everyone else talks about and I monitor my feed stats using PRTG on my home server so I would see the drop in listeners if there was a disconnect.

N4RMT

Premium Subscriber
When you get the error from the app, check to see if you can listen to the feed via the Broadcastify.com web site using your computer.

I checked and in fact it did work on Broadcastify. Not sure then, but thanks.

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.