OPP on MNR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muxlow

Super Secret
Just hearing OPP taking calls on OPS2 2784 MNR
OPS2 is patched with OPS1 for MNR but im hearing london comm sending london and lambton units to normal calls.. Trunk88 is showing 12235 as the comm center rid

Anyone know whats up with this? Chatham-Kent OPP are on their normal OPS03

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I've seen that before (presumably when the Comm Centre is short staffed). In this case the MNR talkgroup is the supergroup so that's what you are seeing on the radio (and just to clarify.. the OPP groups will be involved in the patch too.. Not sure why T88 isn't showing them). I just checked the Byron tower and Middlesex/Elgin are patched but that's it...

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BB10; Kbd) AppleWebKit/537.10+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/10.1.0.1483 Mobile Safari/537.10+)

Muxlow said:
Just hearing OPP taking calls on OPS2 2784 MNR
OPS2 is patched with OPS1 for MNR but im hearing london comm sending london and lambton units to normal calls.. Trunk88 is showing 12235 as the comm center rid

Anyone know whats up with this? Chatham-Kent OPP are on their normal OPS03

Can you send us a screen shot?

The MNR is patched with the OPP all the time as Forts mentioned.

I see them patched with Caledon's detachment on weekends and holidays. Sometimes they are patched with Caledon along with the MTO Enforcement units.

I once saw a patch with Haldimand 6 Charley units and either Bruce Pen's 6 Romeo cars, maybe with their normal Grey 6 Lima and Bruce County cars.

This was back in the summer off 2004.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
And in case anyone wasn't aware... CTRL-P in T88 will list current patches and their members. Sometimes however you won't see all the members of the patch if some of the groups don't have members affiliated to the tower you are monitoring.

jasoyeom

I was monitoring the Norfolk tower and suddenly Lampton OPP tg appeared. Turns out it was the MNR patched with Lampton OPP and a MNR unit was in Port Dover.

VE3JSO

ok from what i am seeing in trunk 88 opp lambton is patched in with mnr and essex ops 05 and mto enforcement

RyanAC

A few weeks ago, I was receiving (in northern Renfrew County) MNR OPS 2 patched with 2OPS36; this lasted a few days, but mostly in the evening. I assumed it was due to staffing in the comm centre. I could only hear dispatch though.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
All of this reinforces that with older scanners that you need to have all the talkgroups in a patch (396T), Make sure that you have the MTO Enforcement, the MNR talkgroups in your scanner, if not you might miss out and post here " umm duh, why aren't I hearing my local talkgroup anymore." (Please keep a sense of humour here, I am not trying to be mean-spirited).

I have been seeing a patch with Middlesex and Elgin units with one of the MTO Enforcement talkgroups dispatched by London recently. There are occasional MNR patches with the Caledon OPP talkgroup, even the usually "stand alone" talkgroups of Norfolk and Oxford find their way on patches either together or with the MNR and MTO Enforcement talkgroups, London Dispatch.

People are on holidays, maybe the dispatchers feel that with more people in parks and camp sights, at provincial beaches that they will patch the MNR with regular OPP talkgroups that are already patched with the MTO Enforcement units.

As Forts mentioned, Trunk 88 will show all of this. You hit CtL P & you are going to see what is patched with what, when the patches are down, when they come up. Newer scanners make it easy for this, load up Trunk 88 and let it go as you scan a particular tower on the Fleetnet system.

Sadly, you are left to use Unitrunker if you desire to follow a EDACS system like Waterloo or the newer P25 systems like Metrolinx in the GTA, Halton, etc.

Trunk 88 and Unitrunker are important tools, showing what's going on.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
A few weeks ago, I was receiving (in northern Renfrew County) MNR OPS 2 patched with 2OPS36; this lasted a few days, but mostly in the evening. I assumed it was due to staffing in the comm centre. I could only hear dispatch though.
Which fleetnet tower were you listening to?

I've never seen an MNR tg patched and I listen to OPS42 all the time off the Mt. St. Pat.

RyanAC

Which fleetnet tower were you listening to?

I've never seen an MNR tg patched and I listen to OPS42 all the time off the Mt. St. Pat.

I was receiving those transmissions on the Pembroke tower. I may have mislead a bit by being loose with the terminology I used: it was a multi-select rather than a true patch.

I don't use any software, but I did have the 996XT in ID search with Status Bit set to "Yes" at the time. 2791-3783 would show during the tx in display mode 2. Despite that indicating a multiselect with MNR's 2NR002 and MTO's 3OTTOP, all but one or two of the dispatches from the Smiths Falls CC were directed toward OPP 1J and 1E units.

All of those tx's also were being sent by a dispatcher using a radio ID that I had not yet seen while listening to the Deep River and Pembroke towers; I had previously identified 3 console radios while listening between UOV-Bancroft-Ottawa and it is almost always one particular radio of those three that I receive on the two towers I listen to from home.

--EDIT---

I should also add that this occurred around the last week of June (for about 3 days) and I haven't experienced it since. 2NR002 had shown up a handful of times as a multi-select before that in May and June, but the tx's in those instances were all directed toward MNR and MTO enforcement units.

Ryan

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.