OPP Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

king_pounds

Hi there, I'm programming my Pro96 using Win96 and importing the files from radio reference. I'll be driving from Toronto to London. I want to listen to the OPP along the way. I'm just wondering what site I have to choose to do this or can I just choose the OPP talk groups and leave it at that ?

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
fun drive

well you may want to put a few towers in like

Guelph, Brant, Hamilton, Mississauga.

and throw in some IDs

for Cambridge, Burlington, PortCredit, Caledon may cover most spots -

then you can throw in the Toronto tower and toronto id if your not going to be listening to Toronto Police instead when your in the city

have a safe trip

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9300; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.526 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

king_pounds said:
Thanks for the reply. I didn't think I could put more then 1 site in the bank...

If you are taking the 401: Byron, Woodstock, Cedarwoods, Guelph Woodlawn, Ballinafad, Mississauga, Mowat. There might be a few towers I missed. I dunno what your scanner can do but the control channel for Byron and Mississauga are the same,

Now for talkgroups; Middlesex, Oxford, Cambridge, Port Credit, Toronto.

Last edited:

rc1990

Yes you can put in more than one site in the bank of a system. In fact, you can put in all the Control channel of the towers in the province. Like that, you never need to worry about what tower to program for your trip. There is a downside to this : by inserting all the CC, the scanner with stop on the first CC that is active andmight not be the one closest to you or the one you want to listen to.

That is how my Fleetnet system is set-up. I input all the CC of the province and I never need to worry about what tower to program Fleetnet when going on a trip.

Also, have a look at the feed I started on the subject : http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/199589-provincewide-fleetnet-freq.html There you can find the list of all the 32 CC that are use for fleetnet provincewide. Just program those in the system and you'll be good to go.

LesWurk

On the Pro 96 I think you have to insert a dummy frequency between control channels from one tower to the next to force it to scan multiple towers.

Byron cc 141.420
Byron cc 142.665
dummy ch 173.500
Wardsville cc 142.635
Wardsville cc 143.070

Yes you can put in more than one site in the bank of a system. In fact, you can put in all the Control channel of the towers in the province. Like that, you never need to worry about what tower to program for your trip. There is a downside to this : by inserting all the CC, the scanner with stop on the first CC that is active andmight not be the one closest to you or the one you want to listen to.

That is how my Fleetnet system is set-up. I input all the CC of the province and I never need to worry about what tower to program Fleetnet when going on a trip.

Also, have a look at the feed I started on the subject : http://forums.radioreference.com/ontario/199589-provincewide-fleetnet-freq.html There you can find the list of all the 32 CC that are use for fleetnet provincewide. Just program those in the system and you'll be good to go.

Last edited:

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind that if you use all 32 control channels, while it will work 90% of the time, when you're around the Cambridge/Kitchener/Guelph area, your radio will probably lock onto Site 2 Guelph (142.620). Note that this system does NOT carry any traffic aside from Gueloh Police and Fire. Incidentally, that control channel is not used anywhere else in Zone 1, so you'd be better off not programming it at all.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
You will also want Elgin 1OPS04 in there are well. I have no problem at all with multiple sites in one bank on my Pro-96, but as mentioned above I do have a dummy channel in between each site.

Status
Not open for further replies.