Orange County (46C.BEE00)

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
Could they be getting ready to integrate into PSIC?

i do not know. i would suspect there WAS a desire to integrate PSIC with a statewide motorola SLERS-2 P25 system ---- but with Harris being the prime now, dunno how that will play..... i can defo see the 700mhz SLERS "air" sites being rolled over to SLERS-2 but that's just a SWAG....

doug

batdude

some things appear to have changed in regards to this system. As of today, I can no longer copy the following sites:

Northwest
UCF
OC Jail
Convention Center
Winter Park

The only sites that I see up and running are the Orange (1.1) and Orlando (3.1) Simulcast sites and Reedy Creek (2.1)

anyone else noticed these sites being taken offline - or changed in some way?

NOTE: per DSD+ the 1.1 site is still reporting all of the sites as active on the neighbor list.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Doug,

I just tried to monitor the Convention Center and Jail sites with OP25 and the program did not decode the control channel, no NAC nothing. There is a control channel signal for both sites though - verified with my ICOM R8500. Also tried switching to TDMA CC and still nothing.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

There was some discussion on which Law Enforcement talk groups on the Orange County FL system were unencrypted. Here is a list of groups I have monitored over the years that I can confirm are not encrypted:

221 SHF-HAIL/TRAF* Sheriff Hailing (used for Orange County units to hail SO
291 P.S.A.P. (Inter-Agency coordination)
319 ORG-LE used for misc operations
367 METRO 1
369 METRO 2
371 METRO 3
372 METRO 4
375 METRO 5
377 METRO 6
379 METRO 7
381 METRO 8
1081 DETAIL 1 used by SWAT, unencrypted because Fire-Rescue acompanies SWAT on jobs

* in addition talk group 221 used to be the Admin 1 talk group where all Code 3 calls are announced. It's now used for hailing

batdude

just a note here --- it appears that Site 4.3 on the Apopka 35A system has been rolled into the Orange Co 46C system. The database has been updated to reflect this change.

I wonder if the entire Apopka system will transition over to 46C like the Reedy Creek system did (?)

batdude

on another note, TG 395 is listed in the dB as "UCUST" - any idea what/who that is? (it's in the clear, but i'm too far away for good audio)

Tomcu96

like your right about that they don't use the system in the parks the Univeral Orlando resort and SeaWorld Orlando both use DMR and most of them are ENC which you can't listen to them. Plus, there is at the airport you can listen to the air traffic control, but the rental car company which they need a whole lot of help with it.

TDR-94

Hi Doug,

I just tried to monitor the Convention Center and Jail sites with OP25 and the program did not decode the control channel, no NAC nothing. There is a control channel signal for both sites though - verified with my ICOM R8500. Also tried switching to TDMA CC and still nothing.
Could be LLE being implemented.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
So I was driving through Orange County tonight (Fri, about 10:30pm) And I heard a two way conversations on OC SO S1 North loud and clear with no encryption as I was driving west towards the Tampa area. Would anyone know why you think that is? It went on for the entire time I was driving.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
So I was driving through Orange County tonight (Fri, about 10:30pm) And I heard a two way conversations on OC SO S1 North loud and clear with no encryption as I was driving west towards the Tampa area. Would anyone know why you think that is? It went on for the entire time I was driving.
It may have been on one of the metro channels, the main talk groups are strapped E

wsmoore

Database Admin
on another note, TG 395 is listed in the dB as "UCUST" - any idea what/who that is? (it's in the clear, but i'm too far away for good audio)
Did you ever figure this one out? I would think maybe US Customs may predate the change to their P25 system,but that would have to date back to around 2002 and the 3.0 mixed mode system.

Did you ever figure this one out? I would think maybe US Customs may predate the change to their P25 system,but that would have to date back to around 2002 and the 3.0 mixed mode system.
I'll listen back to my trunking recorder calls, and investigate further. looks like it had 489 calls today alone.

If anyone else has an unknown TG they are having trouble identifying, post it here, and I'll see if I have any note on it.