Orange County EDACS info/help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc800

I just reprogrammed the NYCOMCO EDACS system into my portable scanner and heard a very interesting transmission.

Orange 911 was talking with Middle Hope FD's rescue about a basement pump-out call. What made it unusual is the TG that is was done on, my scanner showed it to be 'TNPD Dispatch', I thought I programmed it wrong, but I confirmed that what I had programmed in was TGID 579, which is confirmed by both this website and ecscanning to be Base 3's main dispatch TG.

Does anyone know what is going on, some sort of console patch, did TNPD abandon their 800, I know Base 3 has been using high band to answer up AVL dispatches.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I just reprogrammed the NYCOMCO EDACS system into my portable scanner and heard a very interesting transmission.

Orange 911 was talking with Middle Hope FD's rescue about a basement pump-out call. What made it unusual is the TG that is was done on, my scanner showed it to be 'TNPD Dispatch', I thought I programmed it wrong, but I confirmed that what I had programmed in was TGID 579, which is confirmed by both this website and ecscanning to be Base 3's main dispatch TG.

Does anyone know what is going on, some sort of console patch, did TNPD abandon their 800, I know Base 3 has been using high band to answer up AVL dispatches.

Have you heard it just this once? I'll have to throw that TGID in my scanner again and listen. Just another question when you repogrammed the system into your scanner you don't have the delay function enabled on the system frequencies right? Only reason why I ask is a few years ago I made this mistake when I repogrammed my pro 94

Last edited:

sc800

So far just the once. I don't think I have the delay on, but I programmed with Win97, so I'm not sure where to look for it.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
One way to look and see if you have a delay set on the system freqs is to take the scanner out of trunking mode and look at the frequencies them selfs

sc800

I think the system freq delay was on. I will see if taking that off corrects that.

Status
Not open for further replies.