• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ORDERING FIRSTNET DEPLOYABLES

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsmith7799

Hello to all, I wanted to let you know the proper procedure for ordering any FIRSTNET DEVICES on CALIFORNIA incidents. You must first request through your Ordering Manager and IROC.
In CA, you must go through the warning.center@oes.ca.gov. You can order Firstnet phones and a C.O.W. (Cell On Wheels). This information is directly from the CA FIRSTNET MANAGER

KG7PBS

Hello to all, I wanted to let you know the proper procedure for ordering any FIRSTNET DEVICES on CALIFORNIA incidents. You must first request through your Ordering Manager and IROC.
In CA, you must go through the warning.center@oes.ca.gov. You can order Firstnet phones and a C.O.W. (Cell On Wheels). This information is directly from the CA FIRSTNET MANAGER

Why are you posting California FIRSTNET information here ? And not in the California Forums like you should. Adamans should move this to California forum

rsmith7799

Why are you posting California FIRSTNET information here ? And not in the California Forums like you should. Adamans should move this to California forum
Because it ends up being apart of all the States. INDUSTRY DISCUSSION? FIRSTNET is a US Government system....just picked an area that I thought would be best for all.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
That is funny FIRSTNET is ATT

FirstNet is a government entity. AT&T is merely the shared platform; the FirstNet core is separate from the AT&T core as are newer tower sites being added to fill in coverage for public safety users (who also have priority over ordinary users). If the poop hits the fan ordinary users would rapidly find their cellphones becoming either useless, or fit for nothing more than voice calls if they can get through.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
And 1st net does not work in my area.
Was told NOT A PRIORITY OF ATT
That tells me who owns it.
1 tower every 15 miles 1/2 of the county not covered

I've noticed that most of the drones working at AT&T really don't have a clue. Ask them about FirstNet and they generally have to check with someone else, especially when it comes to network upgrades; they just assume that if it has to do with AT&T therefore it means FirstNet also.

I do know that coverage updates are prioritized for public safety as well as prioritized based on population; plus, if you're not a public safety professional or another eligible entity, you wouldn't have access to FirstNet-specific coverage anyway. If you are a public safety professional then you need to take it higher up the food chain, to the FirstNet board if necessary.

Like I said before, they're shared systems; FirstNet is piggybacked on the AT&T network, but with a separate system core, and coverage upgrades for the general public and FirstNet specific customers are handled differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.