Otago Trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z-master

Which site? If it's Vital DMR it'll be something that I picked up on my travels for work. I'm slowly adding things to RadioWiki as I find it. I haven't bothered to add the Teamtalk or ActionNet channels as scanners can't listen to it (MPT is an old trunking system, Vital will slowly migrate customers off AN and FL onto the Tier3 system .. You can cheat though, and add the voice channels into a scanlist, programmed as analog conventional.. You don't get radio IDs etc, but if you're not in front of a computer, you can at least listen.

Am in CHCH but am happy to assist virtually,if you want to PM me
There are two DMR channels on that site, but I'm not sure how to enter them into the program

Z-master

Long Gully
Uniden​
DSDPlus
414.5625​
414.8​
64​
129/130
414.8125​
415.3125​
415.55​
analog cc
415.8​
analog voice
417.2​
417.45​
417.95​
316​
633/634

So the Uniden/dsd+ column is for the Tier3 stuff, which will already be on RadioWiki... the rows that are blank are because I personally haven't heard them yet. They could also be decomissioned but Vital are still paying the license fees for... I rely on being in the area and physically hearing the channel in use. You could program the blank channels in as being analog for AN/FL (I don't know which this site is - you can tell by listening to the control channel, they sound very slightly different) or as being Tier3.

rocky28965

Premium Subscriber
Thanks, helps to better understand it when its laid out like that.
I'm assuming there is only the one trunking channel on that site.
I thought there may have been a 800MHz channel in the area.

Z-master

No problem. Well there's two systems, the Tier3 system and then ActionNet/Fleetlink, from the listed 9 channels. 800MHz isn't very flash rurally, the TD band stuff would perform much better. Also Vitals trunking is all in the TD band. The only two other groups on that site, is St John and Chorus have some linking gear up there by the looks.

Looking at the licenses, I'd make an assumption that 415.3125 and 417.2000 are for the analog system, the other 3 probably for the DMR. My info came from the licenses onsite, however they're licensed as being repeaters in multiple locations (as Vital reuse freqs up and down the country) so just because it's licensed doesn't mean there's anything physically there - no harm in putting them into your scanner, this slows down the scan time on your scanner very slightly, if there's nothing there then the scanner isn't going to stop. A good example is the Hedgehope site in Southland, there's 10 channels licensed there but I haven't heard a thing out of that site (and I've been down multiple times) so it could be an old site, or a site that was never installed - it doesn't cost Vital any extra a year, so they're not losing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.