Overton County ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShotgunShells

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone hear anything out of Overton County? Putnam County comes through perfect but I live right between these 2 counties and would like to listen to both. I have Sheriff, Rescue, Fire and EMS from both in the radio. Like I said, Putnam works just fine.

Thanks in advance for any help.

W4EMS

Premium Subscriber
They are using DMR. What scanner are you using?

ccfd7031

I was in Overton about a month ago and heard maybe 4 short transmissions from the Sheriffs Dept I think. I have always had issues with that system as well. Last I heard it was an IP Site Connect system like Putnam. I have ran DSD+ on a few of Overtons frequencies and always get a bunch of data transmissions that say something about Tier 3 stuff, definitely different than anything I've seen from Putnam. I do know years ago when they first went to DMR they were fully encrypted at that time. Maybe they are running Hytera equipment or something, I have no idea.

QuickSix17

Premium Subscriber
I live in Putnam and I have the SDS100 on a discone Antenna and I can get Overton Co and Livingston PD just fine from my house.... and I live in the City of Cookeville. But... Going the other direction (and it's closer) I can't hardly get squat from White County. LOL

Last edited:

whitty

Premium Subscriber
I live in Wayne Co. KY just across the state line and I'm hearing Livingston PD and EMS loud and clear.

ShotgunShells

Premium Subscriber
I live in Rickman and cannot get Livingston PD or EMS lately. I can go a mile up the road and get them fine.

KK4ELO

Just FYI, if you are using a 3 digit number for the talkgroup, add 67 in front. Ie tg 901 would be 67901. That may be your problem. I see livingstone pd is showing 901. All talkgroups for Overton start with 67.

Same for White county, all start with 93.

KK4ELO

Also after further looking at the database, I may need to submit some changes to it. Sheriff and Livingston pd are on the same frequency, just different time slots. That may be another problem.

whitty

Premium Subscriber
Also after further looking at the database, I may need to submit some changes to it. Sheriff and Livingston pd are on the same frequency, just different time slots. That may be another problem.
Heard the PD and EMS yesterday here in Wayne Co. Kentucky. Coming in loud and clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.