P106 Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

heather106

I need help finding all the towers near me, I can't seem to find them on this website. I want all the Bloomington Indiana (monroe county) towers. Also can someone tell me how to program system type: Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink into my scanner. All the videos I see only show how to program P25

lynxrufus

On the page for this system, in the listing of system frequencies, there are entries for Hindustan and Bloomington in Monroe County.
There are 6 frequencies for Bloomington, with 853.45000 listed as the control channel (in red and marked with a 'c') and 851.96250 listed as an alternate control channel (marked with an 'a').
Program those 6 frequencies into your TSYS object.
I believe you should use "MOT800/900" as the type but otherwise the programming is probably much the same as for a P25 system. If that doesn't work, try p25auto as the type (it couldn't hurt).
You could program the Hindustan frequencies into another TSYS object.
Make your first talkgroup a wildcard, which will let you hear any traffic on any talkgroup. You can program specific talkgroups later.

You could also program the frequencies as conventional objects and see if you hear anything. A control channel will make a strange continuous noise. It's unintelligible, but if you hear it, at least you know the scanner is receiving the control channel.

I hope that helps.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
It sounds like you are trying to program Indiana Project Hoosier SAFE-T (Motorola) Trunking System. If that is your intention, then you can use Site Map to help find the sites that will be useful for your programming. You will need to program it as a MOT 800/900 system and it will be programmed very similarly to a P25 system. Be aware that the system is rebanded. This means that you will need to scroll down on your TSYS menu and find the menu that says T Tables and set this menu option to Custom. Once you have done that, you will need to program in the information from the second table in this post. Once you have done that, you can then move on to programming in talkgroups for your system.

If you haven't already, you may want to check out the Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual. It is extremely helpful, especially if your intentions are to program your Pro-106 by hand.

Also consider checking out the Indiana Radio Discussion Forum as the locals will be able to help you out better with your area. There are special notes for SAFE-T that indicate the system will be upgraded to a P25 system. If/when this occurs, you can switch the T Tables to Default and switch the system to P25 AUTO.

Status
Not open for further replies.