• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

P110 scan

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9wkj

ive got 6 or 7 of these P44QLC20B2AA with speaker mics,belt socket clips,charging stations and even ear pieces
Luw6vaz.png
wqgEqPd.jpg

everything is great except i cant figure out what to bang on to enable scan
im thinking these are to late of vintage to make into 16 channel radios
they are the oddball 6 channel
good old girls they are
they were donated to our county ARES group
have them programmed for our UHF machine and appropriate simplex frequencies
as well as i can link to our VHF machine via a AllStar simplex node
we will be putting a AllStar controller on the UHF machine so we can link on demand

but how to do scan?
do i have to blast them into GP300s ? im not hip on that idea

thanks

de k9wkj

Golay

Not so new

that would be great
heck even the 8+2 scan would be great
but im afraid these radios might be too new

I don't think those radios are very new. If memory serves me right, they program the same as a GP300.
Actually, I just seen on a Yahoo forum someone saying you can use the GP300 software on them.
And buddrousa is right on with what he says. I believe the GP300 could have up to 3 scan channels, at least the 16 channel ones would.

k9wkj

I don't think those radios are very new.

no they are not new, the build date is 4/27/94 which may be to new for what im looking for
as Moto changed some things right around that time
but i can only find reference to the 2 channel radios being affected

you can use the GP300 software on them.

absolutely, but only after you convince them they really are a GP300.
and im having issues getting the proper persuasion tool to run on a dos lappy

And buddrousa is right on with what he says. I believe the GP300 could have up to 3 scan channels, at least the 16 channel ones would.

yes i saw that while trying to wack together a codeplug that i couldnt convince the rss to let pass
i would be pleased just to have 5+1 and talkback!

Status
Not open for further replies.