P25 Trunk Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

garys

Premium Subscriber
If a system is P25, but also has Phase 2 capabilities, should the System Type be P25 or X2 TDMA?

I ask because it's been pointed out that X2 is a Motorola format that isn't used very much where Phase 2 is the P25 compliant format.

Thanks.

troymail

Silent Key
If a system is P25, but also has Phase 2 capabilities, should the System Type be P25 or X2 TDMA?

I ask because it's been pointed out that X2 is a Motorola format that isn't used very much where Phase 2 is the P25 compliant format.

Thanks.

P25 covers both Phase 1 and Phase 2

X2 is something different that Motorola put out prior to adoption of P25 Phase 2. The only system in my area that was X2 was quickly upgraded to P25 Phase 2 once the standard was adopted. You won't likely find too many X2 systems out there these days (but you might!).

garys

Premium Subscriber
Thank you. My confusion came about because I downloaded a Phase 2 system into ARC536 from the RRDB and the System Type was "P25 X2 TDMA".

I don't know why that happens of if it's just a matter of incorrect labeling.

P25 covers both Phase 1 and Phase 2

X2 is something different that Motorola put out prior to adoption of P25 Phase 2. The only system in my area that was X2 was quickly upgraded to P25 Phase 2 once the standard was adopted. You won't likely find too many X2 systems out there these days (but you might!).

Status
Not open for further replies.