P25RX Firmware Updates / Testing

turnpike61

Ham and Electronics hobbyist since 1977.
Premium Subscriber
Yes, it should delete after ingest. This is the default option. I will update the instructions to include this.
Thanks. I am still getting many many repeats, and "the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process" errors. Windows 11.

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
I've exempted the folder for Dirwatch from my APT/Antivirus scans, but this hasn't helped. Sometimes 4 repeats of <10s transmissions at 2000 ms setting. Seeing the error in the command line window for rdio-scanner.exe

EDIT: I also exempted file indexer on Windows from acting on files in the Dirwatch directory too, that didn't help though.

btt

Banned
Banned
I've exempted the folder for Dirwatch from my APT/Antivirus scans, but this hasn't helped. Sometimes 4 repeats of <10s transmissions at 2000 ms setting. Seeing the error in the command line window for rdio-scanner.exe
I'm not sure how this would happen. It does sound like it could be a bug in the server software on Windows 11. It sounds like the server may be ingesting the same file over and over, but not able to delete it after. Could it be a permission issue?

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
It may be a permission issue. So far, running the rdio-scanner executable as an admin or turning off all security protection is not doing it. Something is holding on to files in the directory and not letting go, so will examine the system hooks and see what I find. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this Todd.

btt

Banned
Banned
It may be a permission issue. So far, running the rdio-scanner executable as an admin or turning off all security protection is not doing it. Something is holding on to files in the directory and not letting go, so will examine the system hooks and see what I find. Thanks for helping me troubleshoot this Todd.
No problem. Let me know what you find. Feel free to email directly. We could always update this thread with the solution after it is found. I'm not saying it isn't an issue with the BTConfig software. It could be. I did test on Windows 10 and it does close the files correctly, but I did not have a server running on Windows yet.

goldmyne99

Where are you seeing this error being generated?
In Win10, this error is seen in the rdio server text window after the server starts. The error displays after a wav file is processed by the server. It does not occur on every file for me.

Reactions: btt

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
Completely anecdotally by watching the directory and playing with the delay values for Dirwatch, it appears that the rdio-scanner server is attempting to access the file before BTConfig has let go of it or stopped writing. I tried turning off the m4a conversion, but that did not help. Setting the Dirwatch delay to 15 seconds appears to eliminate it completely, but few transmissions exceed this length of time on my systems.

btt

Banned
Banned
I believe I have a solution. 06-08_1428 will write the audio to a temp.out file and will close the temp file before renaming it to the final TG_XX__.wav file name. Let me know if this works.

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
I believe I have a solution. 06-08_1428 will write the audio to a temp.out file and will close the temp file before renaming it to the final TG_XX__.wav file name. Let me know if this works.
Like Butter! That appears to have done it. Watching the directory and the server, and so far the temp.out is being written, renamed, ingested, and then deleted without error. Great thinking. Thanks!

P.S. Default 2000ms also perfect now without repeats.

btt

Banned
Banned
Like Butter! That appears to have done it. Watching the directory and the server, and so far the temp.out is being written, renamed, ingested, and then deleted without error. Great thinking. Thanks!

P.S. Default 2000ms also perfect now without repeats.
Thanks for helping to get this working right. I appreciate it. I put in a request to start developing for Broadcastify Calls support. If accepted, then all of this will go toward getting that to work as well.

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
Getting minutes behind playing every file is my only complaint with Rdio-Scanner. I inquired with the developer about adding a “prefer real time” mode where it behaves more like an actual scanner. I don’t think he saw the value. It would be a killer app and my preferred mobile interface if I could tell it to move to the most recent recording for playback, but still have historical recordings as well.

btt

Banned
Banned
It shouldn't be getting behind with a single-channel receiver I wouldn't think. I'm seeing it get behind at times with 3 receivers. If it is getting behind with a single receiver, then the solution would probably be to have a 1.1x, 1.2x, 1.3x,... playback rate.

btt

Banned
Banned
I think I know why the playback is getting behind. It is the 2000ms default dirwatch delay. This delay doesn't need to be anywhere near that long now with the temp file->close->rename scheme. I built a release with the delay forced to be 40ms (it will still show 2000ms in the config). This should keep the playback current. The release can be found here: Releases · bluetailtech/rdio-scanner-btt (release 6.4.1-btt2)

goldmyne99

Fwiw...I had the rdio server running most of the day with no issues (after updating to v6.4.1). There were times TGs were active for 45 to 60 seconds. This audio is not heard until the TG is torn down. It does add to the total delay as I had realtime PC audio and rdio server on speaker. There were times the rdio audio was 2 minutes or more behind. Not a big deal for me, but I can see it being an issue for some users. I like the idea of an archive database in the background while listening in real time. The playback on demand is cool idea.

btt

Banned
Banned
There is going to be some delay due to buffering, but the 2000ms delay was getting multiplied by every call. That is why it would get further and further behind. Give the v6.4.1-btt2 a try. You will notice the difference right away.

goldmyne99

Give the v6.4.1-btt2 a try. You will notice the difference right away.
Running this morning and working well. I noticed last night after shutting down the rdio server a possible issue. When no rdio server is running and BTconfig is set to support rdio scanner, the dir watch directory will fill up with wav files. Could cause issues for some with limited hard drive space.

dispatchgeek

Control channel goes "brrrrr"
Between the cornfields and the pastures, Michigan.
Running 6.4.1-Btt and 06-08-14:28- Spinning like a top!

As for getting behind, my concerns mostly popped up when Trunk Recorder and VoxCall were the only way to ingest voice calls into Rdio-Scanner. I'd love to use a combination of multiple sources but not get stuck up in playing every recording. Obviously that's not a BTT problem, but has previously been a sticking point for me.

Your setup with BTConfig/Rdio-scanner is certainly ticking the boxes for me though. Considering running my P25RX and my MilAir scanner with ProScan to dump into Rdio-Scanner for mobile use. I have an SDS100, but I don't always like to take it with me in the car. One of my cell phones is always with me, and I have a Bluetooth Visor speaker that works well to play scanner audio.

As always, thanks for all your hard work!

There is going to be some delay due to buffering, but the 2000ms delay was getting multiplied by every call. That is why it would get further and further behind. Give the v6.4.1-btt2 a try. You will notice the difference right away.

turnpike61

Premium Subscriber
I am also running 6.41-btt, thanks.

By the way, since yesterday, every MP3 file generated in my normal recording directory (not the dirwatch directory) has no audio. They claim to have the right length, and some of them are minutes long, but no audio is present. Not sure if that's something on my end, or a change in BTConfig. The Dirwatch files are working fine.