P25RX Firmware Updates / Testing

btt

Banned
Banned
I am also running 6.41-btt, thanks.

By the way, since yesterday, every MP3 file generated in my normal recording directory (not the dirwatch directory) has no audio. They claim to have the right length, and some of them are minutes long, but no audio is present. Not sure if that's something on my end, or a change in BTConfig. The Dirwatch files are working fine.
Thank you. The mp3 issue crept in with the recent changes to audio output. This affected all releases. This issue has been fixed in the latest releases.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
I am running v1215 but it’s stuck on a status of “Discovering device, please wait”. Is there something I should be doing? It’s running on windows 11….

btt

Banned
Banned
I am running v1215 but it’s stuck on a status of “Discovering device, please wait”. Is there something I should be doing? It’s running on windows 11….
Try cycling power and/or restarting the software.

btt

Banned
Banned
This means that the software isn't finding the USB port mapped into the system. Try a different USB cable? What model of receiver and what does the software show P25RX or P25RX-II?

btt

Banned
Banned
I did both, no change, I even did a cold boot on the laptop….
There are newer versions up. You might try that. The reason I asked about the model and checking the software is because this is the P25RX thread and I think version _1215 was for the P25RX-II. The software only detects the model it is designed to work with.

W0RS

Premium Subscriber
Shows P25RX-II v1215 which is what I have. I will check other versions…,Thanks

turnpike61

Ham and Electronics hobbyist since 1977.
Premium Subscriber
Although 0609-18:58 corrected the mp3 files with no audio initially, that problem appears to be back. All my mp3 files in my normal audio save directory have no audio. Not an issue with older files.

btt

Banned
Banned
Although 0609-18:58 corrected the mp3 files with no audio initially, that problem appears to be back. All my mp3 files in my normal audio save directory have no audio. Not an issue with older files.
Thank you. I'm not sure how that happened, but it is fixed in version 2022-06-13_1916.

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
When I click on the "Alias" tab, I am able to sort the stored aliases by clicking on the "Radio ID" header. But when I close the software and re-open it, the ID's are no longer sorted. Intentional, or a bug?

Version 2022-02-10 10:45

btt

Banned
Banned
When I click on the "Alias" tab, I am able to sort the stored aliases by clicking on the "Radio ID" header. But when I close the software and re-open it, the ID's are no longer sorted. Intentional, or a bug?

Version 2022-02-10 10:45
It isn't a bug. In the current software, the sorting adjusts how the table order is displayed in memory, but it doesn't modify the order of the source data.

epersson

Feed Provider
@btt looks like the whole system locked up again. Figures. The day after I head back north. I should be able to recover. This doesn’t seem to be the BTCalls but the result of the scrolling of BTConfig. Nothing but a blank black screen on my VMC connection. Ran about 4 days I think.

I can remotely Power cycle it now so it’s back running. I’m going to leave scrolling and calls off. Just run streams which doesn’t need scrolling and see if it runs.

Last edited:
Reactions: btt

epersson

Feed Provider
@btt I know I'm going to jinx myself... but just as a follow up, the lockups when scrolling is on occur within 1-2 weeks, with scrolling off the two have been running now since my last post with no issues :) That is fine with me, the only ramification is that the Calls interface is shut down as I cannot get the TG info with scrolling off. Besides that, it's fantastic!!!!!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Todd,
You have probably answered this question but, is there a way to list what I have in my scanlist?

rbjzx9

Professional Lurker
Hi btt,

It's been a while since I updated my P25RX. I'm currently running BTConfig-2021-11-06_1048.
Is 2022-06-05_1608 the latest version? or is there another?

Thanks,
Ron