pa tpk

Status
Not open for further replies.

nightwatch

250 west bound chase at 1752pm car stolen out of phly cars asking for spike strips
159.045 bowmans 10 newvuille 9 sppeds at 120mph,asking for psp avation now 248wb 1801pm missed the stop sticks exiting 247 now wrecked 245 one black male ran,two in the car still

Last edited:

Tommahawk

So if I am reading this correctly, it sounds like the guy crashed just West of the Susquehanna River Bridge if the Mile Marker is correct, just past the Harrisburg East Interchange where the new bridge goes past the Turnpike Maintenance shed.....

nightwatch

yes right at the exit from the sound of it,
Tommahawk said:
So if I am reading this correctly, it sounds like the guy crashed just West of the Susquehanna River Bridge if the Mile Marker is correct, just past the Harrisburg East Interchange where the new bridge goes past the Turnpike Maintenance shed.....

nightwatch

we were trying to post this in real time,and with two other things going on.there are time stamps.sorry for the bad english.
fineshot1 said:
Can not understand your post. You might want to include some punctuation and some time stamps so we can figure it out .

fineshot1

No apology necessary, however just as in an vehicle chase speed kills. Since you can never truely get it in real time take your time and do it right the first time or at least go back and use the edit function. I still am not sure what " bowmans 10 newvuille 9 " means. Looks like the score to a local baseball game.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
fineshot1 said:
No apology necessary, however just as in an vehicle chase speed kills. Since you can never truely get it in real time take your time and do it right the first time or at least go back and use the edit function. I still am not sure what " bowmans 10 newvuille 9 " means. Looks like the score to a local baseball game.

That would translate into Bowmansville 10 and Newville 9. These would have been PSP troopers on duty at the time of the incident. Newville covers the west end of District 3 while Bowmansville covers the east end of District 3. The Susquehanna River Bridge area is just about the middle between the two.

But, you'd only know that if you were familiar with turnpike radio operations.

fineshot1

Thanks Ben, good info. yes - i am not that familar with the pa turnpike ops.

i am wondering though if there are any web feeds i could use to listen in the future?

CStarr59

Are most of the PSP around the area using conventional frequencies? I can pick up 6 units in my area (Schuylkill Haven), but I am interested in more if I can find them.

Septa3371CSX1

All the PSP units on the turnpike will remain on the turnpike VHF frequencies (for now). As for the rest of PSP, they will eventually move all voice communications to Open Scam (ah hem, Open Sky). As far as how many "units" (are you talking channels or troop bases?) you can pick up, that depends on various conditions. This discussion, however, would be more appropriate for the main PA Thread so I'll stop here.

Status
Not open for further replies.