Palmetto 800 P25 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrat1234

Do you have the frequencies for the Kirksey site?

I am currently looking for the frequencies for each of the new sites and just discovered that the Kirksey site in greenwood county is under the Greenwood county simulcast site. The Kirksey site is the NINETY SIX subsite of the 2 site greenwood county simulcast.

K2ERI

On the 800 system i see some sites have site neighbors listed was curious what those are?

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
On the 800 system i see some sites have site neighbors listed was curious what those are?

On a P25 networked system like Palmetto 800, sites broadcast information about "neighbor sites" on the system. This information includes the site number and control channel frequency/channel numbers. This information is used by subscriber radios (portable or mobile radios used by users/agencies on the system) for roaming purposes. As a subscriber radio changes its location, it may move beyond a usable range from the site it's currently affiliated with. It can use the site neighbor information to "search" for a new site in closer range. If the radio determines it will get better signal from a neighbor site, it will affiliate with that neighbor site. This assumes that the radio and the talkgroup are authorized to be affiliated with that neighbor site.

For hobbyists, neighbor site information isn't terribly useful. Scanners can't use this broadcast information in the same way as a subscriber radio. The information is very useful when trying to track down new and unidentified sites for documentation purposes.

jonagra

Premium Subscriber
I was listening today and got a few talkgroups that have not yet been identified in the Palmetto 800 database. These are all in the Greenville County range. Traffic could not be totally deciphered and traffic type is unknown at this time. Any help identifying these would be appreciated!

Talkgroups:

I'll edit to add any additional I come across as needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.