Paper license?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

Just read that a ham renewed his license online and received a paper license? Didn't do anything different from what I see. I doublechecked QRZ and my license is good until 2030

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
If you go into your License Manager page, https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp
You can request a paper copy.

Under "Paper Authorization Preferences, it'll give you a Yes/No option:

By selecting Yes, you will continue to receive paper authorizations printed and mailed by the FCC. By selecting No, you will not receive authorizations printed and mailed from the FCC. This preference will affect all granted authorizations on this FRN.

I believe it defaults to "no" unless you are getting a new license.

n5ims

The mailed paper license is the same you can print yourself through the ULS. The same image printed on standard white copy paper.

k6cpo

If you go into your License Manager page, https://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsEntry/licManager/login.jsp
You can request a paper copy.

Under "Paper Authorization Preferences, it'll give you a Yes/No option:

By selecting Yes, you will continue to receive paper authorizations printed and mailed by the FCC. By selecting No, you will not receive authorizations printed and mailed from the FCC. This preference will affect all granted authorizations on this FRN.

I believe it defaults to "no" unless you are getting a new license.

The FCC does not send a paper copy on a new license. It's sent only if requested. And it's nothing fancy. They print it on plain paper. You can actually get a better copy by downloading the pdf and printing it on nice paper yourself.

Kaleier1

I remember back when I got my Extra Class many years ago I got a somewhat nice Extra Class wall certificate from the FCC. I think you had to request it.

Status
Not open for further replies.