Parker county

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasday

On the Parker County P25 system, Parker County (Project 25) Trunking System, Parker County, Texas - Scanner Frequencies, there is now a interop site with 700mhz channels. I know that the system is a part of TXWARN and there are multiple talk groups for Parker County in the interop section, Texas Wide Area Radio Network (TxWARN) Project 25 Trunking System, Various, Texas - Scanner Frequencies. It says that they have not been connected, has this changed?

1. Does anyone know if this site is still active, i know it was active during the wildfires at Possum Kingdom
2. How much traffic is on the interop channels, i know that these have been in the interop section even before the Possum Kingdom fires. Is there any point right now to even program these in?

Thanks,
Jason

nd5y

The 700 MHz site at PK is still on the air. It isn't temoprary. I belongs to the BRA. I ran Unitrunker on it for several hours over a few days and never logged any talkgroups. I don't know if anybody is using it.

I can't scan it because I my 396T is too deaf to receive it at all and I can't tie up my PRO-2006 running Unitrunker all the time. Somebody closer to PK needs to scan it for a while and see what they hear. As far as I know BRA is still on their VHF channel.

jasday

So would the Parker County TGs on the TXWARN system just be place holders? There are probably 10 of them, Parker-Odessa, Parker-Houston etc etc.

nd5y

I don't know exactly how it works but Parker County has a ISSI switch that can connect to TXWARN and probably the NCTCOG overlay system. From what I was told they will have to change their site IDs to be compatible with TXWARN. I don't know anything about those talkgroups listed on the TXWARN database page. They may be regional interoperability talkgroups or something. I have never heard any non-local stuff on the Parker County VHF system. Apparently other people have heard them testing the ISSI and that is why the talkgroups are listed.

Status
Not open for further replies.