Parma P-25 and Brooklyn PD/FD

Status
Not open for further replies.

N8IAA

I see here on RR that Brooklyn has moved their dispatch to the Parma P-25 system. Do they still actively use the Parma EDACS system for their other comms? Any major changes in NE OH with trunked or conventional freqs? I want to build a .p500 file for the old home state, particularly, northern OH.
TIA,
Larry

OHIOSCAN

Hey Larry your weather warming up yet? Brooklyn PD\FD seems to be full time on the new system along
with Parma FD & Parma Hts PD. Parma PD is still EDACS and I thing the FD uses it now and then.
There's some new activity on SWRCN, mostly SW westside FD's going digital. The SWRCN database has the TG's and I posted a thread of some new TG's testing a few days ago.

Mike "Ohioscan"

budevans

Larry,

What you've seen is RR is correct.

Brooklyn Fire and Police are on Parma P25. The other City of Brooklyn departments remain on Parma EDACS.

Parma PD tried P25 last year but moved back to EDACS. Parma Fire (Dispatch & Fire Ground) are on the P25 system. But on occasions when P25 radio issues appear, they revert to EDACS for Fire Ground.

Parma Hts. PD has moved from SWRCN to Parma P25. Parma Hts. Fire remains on SWRCN.

The RR database is fairly update regarding Cuyahoga County.

Bud

N8IAA

Hey Larry your weather warming up yet? Brooklyn PD\FD seems to be full time on the new system along
with Parma FD & Parma Hts PD. Parma PD is still EDACS and I thing the FD uses it now and then.
There's some new activity on SWRCN, mostly SW westside FD's going digital. The SWRCN database has the TG's and I posted a thread of some new TG's testing a few days ago.

Mike "Ohioscan"

Hey Mike. It was in the mid 60's today and going to be in the 70's the next two days. I love Spring in the south:) We will be coming north the end of May, beginning of June to visit family. Just wanted to make sure that the 106 is loaded the right way. Actually, the thumb drive, since my wife doesn't want any radio stuff on her laptop:( I saw the post on SWRCN. Bud, thanks for your input. The farthest north I get is Pigeon Forge, TN. Interesting listening to the Great Smokey Mtn National Park P-25 frequencies. They've had snow up there the last two weekends. I wonder if there will be a NEOhio scanner meeting end of May, beginning of June. It would be nice to see some of the guys that post on the Yahoo group. Especially Jerry.
L8ter,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.